Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best and Worst day

MUpde

They say the 2 best days in your life are the day you buy your boat and the day you sell your boat.

For me, today is the latter. After 10 years I've sold my Malibu. I'm pretty sad. So far I wouldn't consider this my best day.

I'm not usually one for selling my toys. I keep cars and toys for a VERY long time.

It's gone off to a new home in Australia of all places. Hopefully she gets treated as good there as she did here.

We sold it to free up some cash for a down payment on a bigger house, so it's not all for not. Just different priorities now.

So, now the wait until I can get a new boat.

I'll have to just live vicariously through ya'll now.

If you need a 3rd - Hit me up!!! I know come summer I'll be jonesing....

Cheers

I feel your pain. I did the exact same thing as you for the exact same reason in jan 2013. I'm still waiting for a new boat. Almost got the CFO on board (no pun intended) so we shall see.

Could just buy a beater DD for a couple grand to get you on the water for a season or two. Will obviously be a huge downgrade but being on the water > not being on the water. I remember when I had my old boat, I got laid off and the engine grenade itself 2 months later. A year of not being employed then working for scraps for a while kept me off the water for 3 seasons and that SUCKED!

Sold my houseboat a couple years back. After ten years of almost every weekend at the lake it was starting seem like more work than fun. Shortly after that, I decided to sell the VLX since we didn't get out much, and I hated the thought of the depreciation I would soon be faced with. I picked up a pretty sweet mid 90's SSLX not wanting to be boat less. Now I'm struggling if it is worth keeping after using it three times in two years. After twenty three year of Bu ownership, it is hard to turn in your Malibu card, but probably the right decision.

Sorry man. Keep in touch with all your boating buddies. They all need 3rds. A lot of the years I didn't have a boat were the years I skied more than ever. You won't do as much of the other things, like modding your boat, foolin around with your wife/girlfriend on the boat, booze cruising, napping, etc. But everytime someone wants to ski, they will be calling their list of boat sluts.... ;)

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 3

Been there, done that, watched someone else take my boat away....

Cashiers check in my pocket didn't do much to help.

Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do....I hope you enjoy your new house, though....and this is as good a place as any to live vicariously while you wait for the next boat.

Could just buy a beater DD for a couple grand to get you on the water for a season or two. Will obviously be a huge downgrade but being on the water > not being on the water. I remember when I had my old boat, I got laid off and the engine grenade itself 2 months later. A year of not being employed then working for scraps for a while kept me off the water for 3 seasons and that SUCKED!

Yeah, let us help you find a sportster, closed bow Response or Echelon. Or a Skier or 2001. If the new house has a garage any of these would easily fit!

It's gone off to a new home in Australia of all places. Hopefully she gets treated as good there as she did here.

Long hot summers = 6+ months use per year in crystal clear warm waters with the world's most beautiful bikini clad women riding shotgun and an ice box full of cold beer.

What a great life for a boat.

Long hot summers = 6+ months use per year in crystal clear warm waters with the world's most beautiful bikini clad women riding shotgun and an ice box full of cold beer.

What a great life for a boat.

That's it. I'm moving.

• Like 2

Long hot summers = 6+ months use per year in crystal clear warm waters

Looking at your avatar, where are these crystal clear waters? Most of the boating pics I've seen from members here are on muddy water (I also boat on muddy water). I still want to visit there one day...on my bucket list.

The water in your avatar does not look so crystal clear and because of that infraction, I am going to have to ask you to show some proof of these alledged bikini clad babes. Sorry, I don't make these rules.

A fair call. The pic from my avatar was on a muddy river. The following pics are a better indicator of some nice blue water.

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_8858.jpg

Nice.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Edited by ToeCutter

A fair call. The pic from my avatar was on a muddy river. The following pics are a better indicator of some nice blue water.

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_8858.jpg

Nice.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Wait, what? There's water in those pics?

• Like 2