Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing illegal in Indiana?

Fman

Ahhh people buying lake front and then complaining about waves on their dock. Guess what bruh, you bought a house on the wrong lake. They have these lakes called no wake lakes. If you can't handle waves then don't buy property there. Derp? Gotta love 'merica. Used to be about freedom and liberty. Apparently these days its all about passing as many laws to impress subjective views on others. What a joke. Nobody can take responsibility for their own decisions anymore, its all that boat's fault, it couldnt possibly be my fault for expecting no waves on a wake lake...

• Like 2

Well, the lake came first then the houses and then the boats that put out ocean liner sized waves. This is an issue at my parents lake where they had a dock separation after a huge wake from a surfer tossed the pontoon high enough to pull the dock apart.

That stinks and it's bad news for your folks, sorry for that. In Miami, FL everyone wants to build Oceanside. Costs are through the roof and insurance prices are out of this world. The first house to get damaged in a storm is the one closest to the ocean. You see these people holding their pricks in their hand every single time their house gets damaged. Storm Surge, Hurricane, Flood, but they continue to build Oceanside. If you are going to build lakeside, waterside....you have to deal with it. Norris was built in the 1930's.

Isn't everyone tired of all the regulations. I pissed in a toilet the other day that doesn't use water because it's ECO friendly. Freakin Gross dude. It would have been better to piss on a tree.

• Like 1

Who here lives in Indiana and is actually WORRIED about the law?

First Indiana, then Ohio, then Joe Blowville, then no Wakesurf. When the government tries to overreach, you have to nip it in the bud immediately. Just look at our countries present state.

I do an we boat in Ohio river a lot and have 3 states to deal with, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, as we live in Indiana, but Ohio line is 1 mile from where we put in and Kentucky has responsibility for most of the Ohio river. We do go into tributaries of Indiana and Ohio tho. After we get stopped and explain what, how, ect..we are doing most law enforcement guys ect...leave us alone then. The Indiana guys around me seem to know it applies to only I/O's and "teak surfing".

That said, please be courteous of others and think about where our surf waves go everyone. The more folks complain and the louder they get the "officials" will listen and then make more laws and rules to ban something else.

We know all to well as one of our tributary creeks in Indiana now has a 2mile No Wake zone where we use to ride as some who owned property down thru there blamed erosion on boats going fast and Indiana DNR made it no wake. Amazing, as the creek got there by erosion but people just want to blame others and ban all things they don't like ect... We had petitions w thousands of names ect...and folks who live back up the creek (goes navigitable for 10miles) didn't want it no wake as well, but DNR guy stated he thought boats and "boating" was causing erosion. People were amazed but DNR ruled it so all suffer now. We have tried to get the rule overturned but to no avail. Sucks bad cause great place to ride when main river is rough or a lot of boats running.

Oh Yea...and the hippy free love baboons at the EPA say because of shoreline erosion...gimme a break

:rofl:

ok...that took me back to WakeGirl's Violated Primate term. I still gotta get better use of that term in my diction.

Wake laws have been look at in Mich. It's likely time before it is addressed. It also has a lot to do with the size of a lake. I am on the board for our lake a**. the size of wakes comes up quite often.

If this law went into affect throughout the country, this would be a MASSIVE blow to the wakeboat industry, a would think a large majority of there sales now are generated by wakesurfing, its easy and anyone can do it.

That might be just the ticket for reducing prices... LOL

If this law went into affect throughout the country, this would be a MASSIVE blow to the wakeboat industry, a would think a large majority of there sales now are generated by wakesurfing, its easy and anyone can do it.

Don't you know...the EPA and their regulations are meant to ruin all types of businesses...including the boating industry

For those that appreciate the EPA and think they are out their to help you....at any given day they may just pass a law that won't allow you to run anything that requires gas on a waterway....if they had the chance they would do it....those are the Hippy Free Loving Baboons I am referring too.

Don't you know...the EPA and their regulations are meant to ruin all types of businesses...including the boating industry

For those that appreciate the EPA and think they are out their to help you....at any given day they may just pass a law that won't allow you to run anything that requires gas on a waterway....if they had the chance they would do it....those are the Hippy Free Loving Baboons I am referring too.

No argument here, whatsoever. You have to understand that voters put these Baboons in office so maybe we should start with the Low Information Baboons who dont like motorized watercraft,

guns,

scantily clad women,

trucks,

beer,

hunting,

successful businesses,

trust funds,

investments,

exotic cars,

motorcycles,

did I mention scantily clad women?

• Like 3

Some of those people that have those multi-million dollar homes seem to have connections and money to get laws passed. Maybe you should rethink your approach to a potential problem.

I hope you don't believe this. The power is in the people, not a few hacks with money. The day we all start believing this, their will be no more fight left in us. I am Afun and I approve this message.

I hope you don't believe this. The power is in the people, not a few hacks with money. The day we all start believing this, their will be no more fight left in us. I am Afun and I approve this message.

What color is the sky in that world?

So are large vessels that make a huge wake by nature subject to a fine if their wake tips a fishing boat?

I know right! Fishermen always complain about wake boats disturbing them and they give you dirty looks, but that's why we have stereos they HAVE TO LISTEN to when they piss you off. Those idiots are always the ones trolling the launch ramps fishing while people are offloading. They should be subject for fine's on that.

• Like 2

In WA (and I expect most other places) you have always been responsible for whatever damage your wake does to other boats or private property along a shore. I would say good luck proving in court that any specific wake damaged a dock. That seems fraught with all sorts of issues.