Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Travel case

onamission

If you travel with your ski or board Amazon has Sportube 3's on sale for under $130. Picked one up last year and it's been great.

Edited by onamission

Sorry for the last reply.

I have shipped mine out FedEx, ( that is the cheapest and easiest for us). I just send it to a FedEx/Kinko's that close to where I'm staying and ship it back from the same store, (aprox. $40 from MI to TX). I just don't want to deal with dragging it through the airport, the TSA and baggage pickup and shuttles.

I leave my ski in the bag with the bindings on and wrap towels around the ends, then pack gloves, brace, vest, wetsuit, rope and handle in all of the open spots so nothing moves around.

• Like 2

I have just been using slalom ski boxes I get from the locally dealership, but I think it's time to upgrade. I have a nice Masterline roller case that I use for tournaments and for on the airplane, but I prefer to ship my ski now instead.

Edited by Brodie

Sorry for the last reply.

I have shipped mine out FedEx, ( that is the cheapest and easiest for us). I just send it to a FedEx/Kinko's that close to where I'm staying and ship it back from the same store, (aprox. $40 from MI to TX). I just don't want to deal with dragging it through the airport, the TSA and baggage pickup and shuttles.

I leave my ski in the bag with the bindings on and wrap towels around the ends, then pack gloves, brace, vest, wetsuit, rope and handle in all of the open spots so nothing moves around.

What amount of insurance does that $40 give you? It costs me about $55 to go through the USPS with $1500 of insurance (~$22 for the insurance) with a regular ski box.

What amount of insurance does that $40 give you? It costs me about $55 to go through the USPS with $1500 of insurance (~$22 for the insurance) with a regular ski box.

I list it for about the same with FedEx. Its cheaper with them if you send it to FedEx store or depot. We do have a FedEx account so that may make it cheaper too. I'm heading down to Texas in May so and recheck the price.

We shipped our daughter things down to San Marcos TX for school with FedEx, 32" TV, bike and 6 large file style boxes for less then $200 with 3 day shipping.

Edited by onamission

I list it for about the same with FedEx. Its cheaper with them if you send it to FedEx store or depot. We do have a FedEx account so that may make it cheaper too.

We shipped our daughter things down to San Marcos TX for school with FedEx, 32" TV, bike and 6 large file style boxes for less then $200 with 3 day shipping.

Corporate rates and retail rates are dramatically different. Our overnight envelope cost at work is around $7. Retail it is around $20+ IIRC. Too bad I can't ship my personal stuff from work.

I will definitely try shipping to the store next time.

Edited by Brodie

Corporate rates and retail rates are dramatically different. Our overnight envelope cost at work is around $7. Retail it is around $20+ IIRC. Too bad I can't ship my personal stuff from work.

I will definitely try shipping to the store next time.

Are FedEx account is personal and its about $10 cheaper when I sent it back home to store instead of my house. Also they won't leave it unless someone is home to sign and you don't want to come home and have to wait an extra day or two for your ski and equipment to show up.

Are FedEx account is personal and its about $10 cheaper when I sent it back home to store instead of my house. Also they won't leave it unless someone is home to sign and you don't want to come home and have to wait an extra day or two for your ski and equipment to show up.

That is what I will do next time. Thanks for the tips.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from FedEx, Sportube 3 packed with my ski all set up in its bag along with vest, gloves, 2 wetsuits, 2 towels, knee brace and number of extra parts. Declared value $2000, weight 40 lbs, $60 from MI to TX in 3 days.