Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Next Malibu on Order (Has Arrived)...2014 23 LSV

thtrog

I had the Aqua Fusion for a season liked the way it held up and doesn't hold water compared to carpet. I ordered again in 2013, but ended getting a custom Deckadence mat made. I liked the extra cushion of the Deckadence and it completely dries underneath since it does not have a solid backing. I've seen some post on here that their Deckadence didn't fit well or moved around, I didn't experience that. I've only had each of these one season, but use my boats 70 to 100 hours per year and they've all held up well. I will say the SeaDek stays the coolest to the touch in the sun. I've not had any issues keeping it clean or the glass around it and can't give advise how it will hold up in the long run.

I have not asked if there is any difference in the Super Fusion

I have seen a few boats now with snap in seadek/gator grip and it's HOT. I will think hard on that one next time around.

I've never seen snap-in SeaDek of any kind, just my experience in my climate with the faux teak. The Deckadence would get hot like carpet, but would cool off fast with airflow when the boat got moving. Heck, I may just get light flooring and run sans carpet on the next one.

Lol, I meant it looks hot and is super functional. A buddy of mine has an SA that originally had snap out carpet and now has snap in Seadek type material, it was done by a local company here. It came out awesome, you can pull and clean it. Best of both worlds there.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Need to wrap up with some final pics on this boat, the new LSV sprays next week. I only had about 10 minutes with her before she was wrapped up to send to the new owner. I don't have all the specs, buyer arranged for Mike's Liquid Audio to do the stereo install. He went with the new Kicker KM8's on the tower and main cabin, KM65's in the walkthrough and bow...all have RGB grills and Kicker controller. I'm so impressed with the KM8's I'll be going that route on the 2015, maybe more and possibly more power. The install also included a sub w/custom enclosure, Prosport charger, inverter, tower lights, underwater lights, and WS420 BT.

20140821124212-554d8554_zpsc2ceabf9.jpg

IMG_4396_zpsd3cf24bf.jpg

IMG_4403_zps1751cf19.jpg

• Like 2