Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Next Malibu on Order (Has Arrived)...2014 23 LSV

thtrog

Can you comment on the difference in sound between the standard flapper exhaust and the ste exhaust?

Honestly I can't say, I've always had STE on my boats.

Special order. From what I understand, they will make any color a flake, it's just a matter of $$$.

After seeing it my son tabbed the color as "Space"....I expect it to be in the lineup for 2015.

Edited by thtrog

Here are a couple of changes not sure anyone has shown. There's a new grab/tow bar on the transom and new grab handles in the interior.

IMG_4160_zpsad34096c.jpg

IMG_4173_zps35d3e0bb.jpg

Yep these are different from my 2014 23 LSV that I picked up in October...odd how they make changes so soon on a new model, this looks like an improvement and somewhat annoying they would not have these kind of changes made when they make the official launch and change... :dontknow:

That said I agree, I don't like the big thick sticker, should be engraved...mine are Chrome and look good, but I like the looks of the rear grab/tow bar and that it appears to have functionality...surf rope maybe on there? What is it rated at for towing weight?

• 4 weeks later...

My son has not been behind a boat in two years, so we're getting all the wakeboarding we can in. The stereo has not been installed or ballast, but do have my main cabin in SeaDek and Domed Numbers on. We've got Wake the World coming up this Monday, so the fours days we'll be on the water.

IMG_4312_zps59e61029.jpg

IMG_4325_zps0dcdc8c6.jpg

When you get te rest of the flooring on be sure to post pictures. Didn't you purchase some for under the glove box? Looking great!

I did, it will go in the storage area and under the batteries. I also have the small step-down and swim platform to do...the kit came with a bow pad, but I don't think I will use that one.

• 1 month later...

She will be missed!! I've told you repeatedly from the beginning, it's one of the best LSV's I've ever seen... second best to be exact. :lol:

How many hours did you put on her?

Thanks, picking another combo is going to be tough. I picked her up 5/16 and have just over 68 hours, hope to get out for a couple more. I'll post up some pictures of system install and the rest of the SeaDek.

Cory, I've had no doubt I would go with another 23, but will consider the VLX. I've not priced one, so not sure what the difference will be and the LS3 has gone up.

Eddie, Congrats on teh bat sale. I'm not surprised to see it go so quickly. Damm nice looking boat and priced aggressively. It had no chance staying aroung long. Did you sell on this forum or elsewhere?

Can't wait to see what you design for 2015.

It did sell quick on OnlyInboards, along with several other potential leads. The buyer came to demo with his son, so I know it's going to a good home in Louisiana. They have a very nice 2010 23 LSV for sale if anyone is looking.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not going to Salt. We are in North Louisiana with fresh water lakes and often travel to Arkansas to ski their clear water lakes. Still have the 2010 if anyone is interested, PM me.

• Like 3

Hey thtrog - are you going to get seadek again with the next boat?

I hope too, it's been interesting trying the Aqua Fusion, Deckadence, and the SeaDek. I really like the comfort of the SeaDek, but all the options are are good. I do like the new logo carpet in the 2015, but hesitate to going back. I would take mine out on days threatening rain, but you can't avoid the unexpected downpours.

I hope too, it's been interesting trying the Aqua Fusion, Deckadence, and the SeaDek. I really like the comfort of the SeaDek, but all the options are are good. I do like the new logo carpet in the 2015, but hesitate to going back. I would take mine out on days threatening rain, but you can't avoid the unexpected downpours.

After 5 boats with carpet, I think I'm done with carpet. But I'm not a fan of anything that you can't take out completely. I like to take out my carpet and just completely sweep and wipe down my floor. I imagine sweeping/cleaning the floor around each of the individual SeaDek strips would be a major PITA.

Curious on your thoughts regarding Aqua Fusion vs. Deckadence. I'm leaning toward Deckadence, but not 100% sure yet.