Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Next Malibu on Order (Has Arrived)...2014 23 LSV

thtrog

• GPS Speed Control
  • Tower Knobs
  • Salt water resist (anodized) spinner racks

Good call on tehe anodized spinner racks. Mine look the same today as the day I got them. FYI - they also offer the tower knobs in an anodized option. I would recommend them also, if only to match, but also for longevity.

I didn't think you could order the GPS speed control at time of purchase without also getting the GPS maps. Is this new? Or, is your dealer ordering the GPS parts separately and installing it themselves?

• GPS Speed Control
  • Tower Knobs
  • Salt water resist (anodized) spinner racks

Good call on tehe anodized spinner racks. Mine look the same today as the day I got them. FYI - they also offer the tower knobs in an anodized option. I would recommend them also, if only to match, but also for longevity.

I didn't think you could order the GPS speed control at time of purchase without also getting the GPS maps. Is this new? Or, is your dealer ordering the GPS parts separately and installing it themselves?

My dealer also let me order the gps speed control without the maps. The maps are just a plugin to the system. If you have the GPS cruise you cN add the maps anytime. At least that's how it was explained to me...

As of last year factory GPS speed control is bundled with navigation/chart Plotting, but yes you have to add maps for your area. I don't have any use for it and it looks cumbersome, but don't think I could go without GPS speed control.

Cory, Thanks for the heads up on the tower knobs and I'll have that changed on my order today. I remembered you giving a good review on anodized racks and wanted to give them a try. Speaking of finish, I didn't get a good look but noticed the interior grab handles had a brushed finish on the last 23 my dealer got in. To answer your question on the other thread, yes the boat is going to Mike's Liquid Audio for a complete system - zero factory stereo ordered.

• Like 2

As of last year factory GPS speed control is bundled with navigation/chart Plotting, but yes you have to add maps for your area. I don't have any use for it and it looks cumbersome, but don't think I could go without GPS speed control.

Cory, Thanks for the heads up on the tower knobs and I'll have that changed on my order today. I remembered you giving a good review on anodized racks and wanted to give them a try. Speaking of finish, I didn't get a good look but noticed the interior grab handles had a brushed finish on the last 23 my dealer got in. To answer your question on the other thread, yes the boat is going to Mike's Liquid Audio for a complete system - zero factory stereo ordered.

That is what I meant that GPS speed control is bundled with navigation/chart plotting. I think Fman ordered just the speed control feature thru his dealer. If memory servers me, just ordering the GPS receiver unit and dongle (which are plug and play) was about $450, where as the GPS speed control bundled with nav was something like $1200. Just a though on shaving off a few dollars for something most never use.

"I didn't get a good look but noticed the interior grab handles had a brushed finish on the last 23 my dealer got in."

​This is new??? Perhaps they are addressing the criticism that there is little rhyme or reason to all the different metal types used through out the boat. If anyone has a picture of the new metals, please post.

Pops- dont hesitate on the Seadeck flooring... I understand folks initially say it looks cheap, tacky etc etc.

Spend one day on a boat with it and you'll want nothing else... very durable, clean, and stain resistent. Ive had both gray and brown.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks thtrog! We are really excited! I think I have see your MXZ on onlyinboards? Was it listed for sale last year? Before I decided to go with the brand new T series I was looking really hard at some used Malibu's and I thought I saw one for sale just like yours. NC? Anyway thanks for the complement and I hope we get delivery this week.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a message my boat is in lamination, getting excited! Also have confirmed the flooring from SeaDek, here's a drawing with the template for reference for anyone interested. I'm having some addtional graphics added....

1423LSV_zps907e4b28.jpg

... zero factory stereo ordered.

I considered this approach on my 2013 boat order but elected to order Sound Pack 1 instead. (I only had to find a home for 2 pairs of Rockford speakers). Now that Malibu taking an all or nothing approach with the stereo options, I don't blame you for ordering it sans stereo.

Are you still planning to use the Rockford RFX5000 head unit or do you have other creative ideas?

Are you going to buy the parts for Medallion integration or do you even care about it?

Who is going to apply the Sea Dek? Your dealer? Any idea on how long this stuff should last before it dries out and crumbles (like the pad on my old, old, old kneeboard). The SeaDek is just an EVA pad, correct?

I'm really interested to see how this Sea Dek turns out. Are you ordering the wet-tek floor san carpet, and then having this Sea Dek applied thereto?

I have ordered the wet-tec floor in white, I requested the factory to leave out the floor snaps for the carpet. Anyone want to buy some factory carpet?

I want just the storage pieces. Any info on if that's possible?

I would think so, contact them with the MAL number on the template sheet I posted and inquire about the piece number you want.

Who is going to apply the Sea Dek? Your dealer? Any idea on how long this stuff should last before it dries out and crumbles (like the pad on my old, old, old kneeboard). The SeaDek is just an EVA pad, correct?

I will apply it myself once the stereo work is done, it's backed with a pressure adhesive backing. IIRC I read it is EVA and and rated for 3 years in a marine environment. I would think it's going to last much longer the way most of us keep our boats out of the elements.

Thanks thtrog! We are really excited! I think I have see your MXZ on onlyinboards? Was it listed for sale last year? Before I decided to go with the brand new T series I was looking really hard at some used Malibu's and I thought I saw one for sale just like yours. NC? Anyway thanks for the complement and I hope we get delivery this week.

Look forward to seeing more of the T22's! Yes that was my boat on OI, they do a great job with the site.

I considered this approach on my 2013 boat order but elected to order Sound Pack 1 instead. (I only had to find a home for 2 pairs of Rockford speakers). Now that Malibu taking an all or nothing approach with the stereo options, I don't blame you for ordering it sans stereo.

Are you still planning to use the Rockford RFX5000 head unit or do you have other creative ideas?

Are you going to buy the parts for Medallion integration or do you even care about it?

Brent,

No to the RF gear and no integration, the only feature I ever used in Maliview was the mute button. The source unit will be BT by KICKER and no HLCD's, the plan is to use the new KM8's coaxials in the main cabin and tower.

That boat will look amazing. Serious props for coming up with an innovative color scheme while at the same time looking classy.

I can't wait to see the top and tower joined with the bottom... the white accents will really set it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

That boat will look amazing. Serious props for coming up with an innovative color scheme while at the same time looking classy.

I can't wait to see the top and tower joined with the bottom... the white accents will really set it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm ready to see it too...can you join it. :) I'm interested in seeing the Reuben in person and pretty sure I've not mentioned the Black is metallic!

26331E4E-3059-4A1F-90DC-8BCD8D7F5C8E_zps

I was sure hoping my boat would be in this week, but looks like middle of next week. Guess I'll have to be happy with new guide post for the trailer for now, Thanks BAKES!

F67E7538-6937-48D0-B7AC-189B3202274A_zps