Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Next Malibu on Order (Has Arrived)...2014 23 LSV

thtrog

It is similar to the color scheme we chose - LOOKS GREAT!! Every time I see one I get more and more excited to get out. I can't wait for the snow and ice to melt.

Awesome looking build (although it kind of looks like Regal in those pics). Did you have it on order already? Early May delivery suggests a spray date very soon. My spray date is this Thursday (4/10), and I don't expect delivery until early May either.

Good call on the LS3 + torque prop combo. I ordered the same. Really curious to see if it's overkill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

Sweet combo! What made you decide to go away from the "pickle fork"?

What was the primary motivation behind the model change?

No specific reason...just changing up and would not hesitate to go back to the MXZ. I do think the MXZ has a slight edge for wakeboarding and the LSV for surfing, but both can do either well. I really like the new LSV and see some of the MXZ characteristics in it - minus the huge bow, like the deeper freeboard and transom seating. The 23 has always been extremely popular and I think this year it's taking another step up.

• Like 1

Awesome looking build (although it kind of looks like Regal in those pics). Did you have it on order already? Early May delivery suggests a spray date very soon. My spray date is this Thursday (4/10), and I don't expect delivery until early May either. Good call on the LS3 + torque prop combo. I ordered the same. Really curious to see if it's overkill. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

That's how the color show up in the builder, not quite as bright in real life. I ordered the boat back in January, but bumped out the build date until I was sure my current boat sold. Can't say on the prop, I have a 1235 as backup and it performed very well on my 24 MXZ with the LS3.

That color scheme looks familiar, great looking boat. I couldn't talk the wife into the white tower since we already had black rev10s we were moving over to it.

Here’s a list of options I’ve ordered:

• MP 450HP LS3
  • STE SS Exhaust
  • Transom Flush Kit
  • Prop Torque 15x12
  • Docking Lights
  • Pull up Cleats
  • Surf Gate
  • Power Wedge
  • Battery option 2
  • Great Lakes Cover – This is a factory Sunbrella cover
  • CS Slider Bimini
  • GPS Speed Control
  • Tower Knobs
  • Salt water resist (anodized) spinner racks
  • Heavy Duty Tower Struts
  • Fully optioned Boatmate trailer

I did not order any factory stereo components or PNP ballast and have not decided what flooring I will go with.

That color scheme looks familiar, great looking boat. I couldn't talk the wife into the white tower since we already had black rev10s we were moving over to it.

I actually was using light graphite for the deck and accent until I saw yours. Your boat looks Awesome!

Eddie, sick looking LSV, that is going to be awesome... and congrats sellng your MXZ. Its going to be interesting to get a wake comparison between the two, after seeing the 24 MXZ wake pics, that boat seems to be throwing some massive surf and wakeboard wakes.

Here’s a list of options I’ve ordered:

• MP 450HP LS3
  • STE SS Exhaust
  • Transom Flush Kit
  • Prop Torque 15x12
  • Docking Lights
  • Pull up Cleats
  • Surf Gate
  • Power Wedge
  • Battery option 2
  • Great Lakes Cover – This is a factory Sunbrella cover
  • CS Slider Bimini
  • GPS Speed Control
  • Tower Knobs
  • Salt water resist (anodized) spinner racks
  • Heavy Duty Tower Struts
  • Fully optioned Boatmate trailer

I did not order any factory stereo components or PNP ballast and have not decided what flooring I will go with.

Did you put Deckadence in your MXZ? if yes, how did you like it compared to the standard Malibu snap out carpet?

Travis, I did have a custom Deckadence mat in the 24 MXZ and liked it a lot. I have also run the Aqua Fusion mat a full season in my 22 and ordered it again last year. After getting the Deckadence in 2013 it never came out, ashamed to say I didn’t clean it and it looked like new after a season’s use. I've heard others say the Deckadence moved around, but not what I experiecnce and it dries faster than the AF mat. I would choose either over carpet…the Deckadence cost about twice as much I understand.

That said, I’m really considering going to a full SeaDek flooring using the gray faux teak for the cabin and swim platform. I’m sure Ryan will chime in, but I think it will look good, be low maintenance, and be comfortable. I really miss Seadek being used on the swim platforms and see good reviews on the faux teak. I’ve got to finalize this and some other items; such as stereo, lights, ballast, trailer. Also need to get a PTMEdge 140 mirror with a windshield mount on order.

Edited by thtrog