Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

crazy tube video

hyperlitenerd

Man its hurts enough crashing wakeboarding... I could not imagine falling from that high from 30mph+

To me, it looks like you would be better off riding the tube back down than bailing at 30+ feet up. Even if the tube crashes down, I would think it may be a softer landing than hitting the water without it.

To me, it looks like you would be better off riding the tube back down than bailing at 30+ feet up. Even if the tube crashes down, I would think it may be a softer landing than hitting the water without it.

There is no riding it back down, it's up to the boat driver to let you down. And trust me, when this 15 ft diameter thing gets wobbly in the air, the only instinct is to get the heck off!! You can get wrecked a lot worse by hanging on b/c it will turn all teh way over and then it will dive like nothing you've ever seen----a lot faster than jumping off.

There is no riding it back down, it's up to the boat driver to let you down. And trust me, when this 15 ft diameter thing gets wobbly in the air, the only instinct is to get the heck off!! You can get wrecked a lot worse by hanging on b/c it will turn all teh way over and then it will dive like nothing you've ever seen----a lot faster than jumping off.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Do any of these kite tubes come with instruction on the proper way to drive for proper "takeoff and landing"?

I did not purchase, but it is covered in warnings. All you have to do to take off is go. It lifts off no problem. You just need to keep a close eye as driver to pull back on the throttle immediately.

Yeh that looks reeeeeal safe. I saw this in the toy store right next to Bag-O-Glass. I'll be getting one for the kids today. I wonder if they have any legal disclaimers on the packaging and product. I'll guess yes.

GAWD! I need one of those. I will not think twice about riding one if given the opportunity. I'll let you all film it and laugh away, this is right up my alley!

i had already seen the second 1 and was dissapointed there was no impact :Doh: .. the first 1 was a bigger let down! when someone finds a huge impact from one of these crazy things post it here!

Thumbup.gif

Forget about the pain from the wipeout. I got sick just from the "steady" camera work! Shaky video like that always makes it tough to watch.

Vomit.gif

Forget about the pain from the wipeout. I got sick just from the "steady" camera work! Shaky video like that always makes it tough to watch.

Vomit.gif

Got that right...ugh!

If you've ever seen the 'pro' do it on the manufacturer's demo video they kneel on all 4s then pull back to get it airborne. Then they use body position to control the attitude of the flight. Lean forward = less altitude and vice versa. In both those videos it looks like they leaned too far back (2nd guy should have let go when his stones were skipping across the water). The result is a bad bail. Hopefully they were in deep water.

I was disappointed that they both appeared to be behind ski boats. I thought these would be used by I/O and jetboat wallies...

We have a manta ray and get some incredible flight time behind the vlx ,we tow from top of the tower and get great height and stability, the trick to getting the manta ray to fly is double the length of the rope(non stretch) and get the rider to pull back to get it airborne then lean forward to get it to fly,if the rider leans towards the back the manta ray gets out of control. If someone can tell me how to post some video i will post it for all to see.

And yes we also have some pretty scary crashes with it as well, my mates shoulder is still recovering (will need surgery) after a crash landing 6 months ago.

Cheers