Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Axis thread in history?

85 Barefoot

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. Yes, pretty cool, can't wait to see more around. I know they have their own forum elsewhere but some have posted here due to lack of activity over there. That is one thing I like about this place--the membership is rarely stagnant.

• Like 3

Thanks for adding the Axis page. The Axis forum definitely is getting more active in the past year compared to back in 2010-2012 but it's still nice to have a another place to ask questions. Although the separate page makes Axis the step-child brand lol.

Edited by AJWest

Any VLX owners looking at the T22? I can't justify the cost of a Malibu that has surf-gate.

Just sold our '04 VLX and SN 196 for a T22.

Thanks for adding the Axis page. The Axis forum definitely is getting more active in the past year compared to back in 2010-2012 but it's still nice to have a another place to ask questions. Although the separate page makes Axis the step-child brand lol.

Welcome, thought it's time to make an are specifically for Axis. No need to go elsewhere we'll take it from here...

Was wondering who'd find it and post up.... :)

Guess I should have waited with that Axis in-panel equalizer mount and the subwoofer box and posted them under AXIS. Next time. :)

pb

Guess I should have waited with that Axis in-panel equalizer mount and the subwoofer box and posted them under AXIS. Next time. :)

pb

Peter, check your e-mail - I'd PM you but you have PM's turned off here.

It IS the step-child brand.

That's not very malibucrew of you ;)​ ! Those boats are hard to turn down with the prices and performance. I was able to do it, but I'd never fault anyone for choosing Axis (and I know you wouldn't either)!

That's not very malibucrew of you ;)​ ! Those boats are hard to turn down with the prices and performance. I was able to do it, but I'd never fault anyone for choosing Axis (and I know you wouldn't either)!

I overall like the Axis line. I really hate the interiors of the earlier ones, but they have stepped up the quality/look of materials the last couple of years. Not at recent Malibu levels, but at least they are now tolerable for a 50k+ boat. I'm not a fan of the dash but could get over it. Otherwise, they are fine boats.

I don't plan on upgrading boats for until at least the 2016 season (more likely 2017-2018). Perhaps the '14 A22/T22 will be a price I'd be willing to pay by then...though the 22MXZ will be a lot cheaper then too (I have a 22' lake limit), or a VLX. That said, I could see me traveling to get a used MB F22 as well (they aren't sold around here).

Took out a new A24 yesterday and the boat blew me away! Amazing surf and wakeboard wake, great handling and very easy to operate. Function over fashion.

Can't wait to really load up the A24 and ride.

Took out a new A24 yesterday and the boat blew me away! Amazing surf and wakeboard wake, great handling and very easy to operate. Function over fashion.

Can't wait to really load up the A24 and ride.

Do you recall how the surf wake was loaded? I picked up my A24 last week and was only able to put 2hrs on it before crappy weather and then I had to go back on the oil rig for a few weeks.

Yeah, the interior is kinda hard to handle once you get used to the Malibu's. That's the only reason I ended up with my VTX over the T22. BUT, I think they are a great boats to enter in if you can't go all the way. You get all the utility and a lot fewer payments (if you're a payment sort if guy)!

AJ,

stock ballast full, then additional 500lbs in both rear lockers and another 500lbs up front all attached to the plug n play. Wedge down. Port side is a little longer but the Starboard side is steeper so we have some playing around to do. We found bumping the speed down a little on the starboard side was helpful and still putting people on whatever side you are surfing will make it better but not necessary.

More to come!!

AJ,

stock ballast full, then additional 500lbs in both rear lockers and another 500lbs up front all attached to the plug n play. Wedge down. Port side is a little longer but the Starboard side is steeper so we have some playing around to do. We found bumping the speed down a little on the starboard side was helpful and still putting people on whatever side you are surfing will make it better but not necessary.

More to come!!

I'm going with Sumo 900's for the rear lockers so I can list the boat traditionally with no surf gate or list it slightly and still use surf gate. I never have more than 5-6 people in my boat so I'll need a type of floor sack as well. I'm hearing the same thing you stated, that a slight list improves the lip and shape of the wake. I'm a goofy footed rider. Sumo bow sack should be out in a month. Edited by AJWest