Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 2315 on 23 LSV with the 383 HH?

rychuk

It seems this is the prop of choice, whether it be for VLX's or the LSV. Most of the recommendations seem to be for the monsoon though.

Just wondering if this is the go to prop for this engine and boat or if it really even makes a difference?

Picking up a 2009 LSV. I have heard/read a lot of chatter about the CAT nylon exhaust fittings failing due to a lot of surfing. Is it recommended to replace them with brass, alu, of steel?

Thanks!

ry- as it pertains to the 2315, you gotta first define how you are going to use your boat. just OEM ballast? OEM ballast plus 2-3000lbs extra? do you wanna cruise comfortably at 30-35mph? is a 37mph top speed ok?

it ceratinly will make a huge difference... in a lot of ways.

Not concerned about top end. Lots of sacked out surfing and as much slammed wakeboarding my knees can handle. Will have 1100lbs rear locker sacks, quad stock, and some lead, plus other ballast (currently have 2 extra 750lbs bags) depending on how many people obviously. Have been surfing and wakeing for a long time and like it big.

My buddy has the same prop on the same boat but with the monsoon. 99% sure it will be the one but yeah never know.........

Edited by rychuk

well going to a 15" diameter with 12" pitch... Acme 2315/2313 will be equiv to a 50-100hp increase over what you are used to as far as neck snapping tq with heavy weights. That much of a difference. you'll be able to carry about 500-1000lbs more where you would have previously got stuck.

drawbacks will be much slower WOT speed, slower cruise speeds due to higher reving RPMs... 4000rpms at about 30mph is about the max most folks will tolerate, and some increased GPHs for the exhange for gains in TQ.

Just got my 2315 in the mail. I've got an 08 23LSV with the monsoon, and I'm swapping the 1235 for the 2315. Can't wait to try it out this weekend!

• Like 2

Huskey please report back! I have a 07 23 LSV with the monsoon. However, I have the floating wedge. I'm going to be running almost 4200# but don't know if I can plane with the wedge. I love the shape of the wake with the wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddies 09 LSV with the monsoon and 2315 couldn't get up to wake speeds when fully slammed. That's why I was only buying one with the HH or 8.1L.

• Like 1

stock ballast full, 1100lbs bag either side of the the engine, bow triangle sack. And one other 600 I think near the front. It still will throw a nice wake when we drained the rear a bit, just not the crazy pop we would get with the VLX.

Could still throw everything we normally would.

My buddies 09 LSV with the monsoon and 2315 couldn't get up to wake speeds when fully slammed. That's why I was only buying one with the HH or 8.1L.

Check out the OJ 5 blade prop as this was made just for the HH motors.

Part #:Oj TZX-5 OJ-XMP (Tapered Shaft), Dia: 14 3/4, Cup: 0.110
Pitch: 13
Blades: 5
Shaft: 1 1/8
Rotation: LH

2315 is indeed an upgrade from the 1235! Ran stock ballast full with 750s in the lockers, 1100 in the bow, plus power wedge with 4 people in the boat. Planed off in probably half the time as with the 1235 and held speed SO much better. worth the money if you ask me.

Just got my 2315 in the mail. I've got an 08 23LSV with the monsoon, and I'm swapping the 1235 for the 2315. Can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Yea, give the full report, I have same boat. Thanks