Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 2315 prop RPMs at 30 mph

Fman

While I know you are being informative, I find it insulting that you are rubbing it in our faces that you were on the lake yesterday...a MONDAY...while us common-folk were working....or at least pretending to work while secretly reading posts. JK! :throwpc:

• Like 3

Weight and elevation? Mine was definitely lower than that when I went out over the weekend. My boat may be lighter than yours also. My boat had 0 ballast and the elevation is 810'.

Edited by dezul

While on the lake yesterday I took the shot of my dash cruising at 30 mph (GPS cruise), rpms were 3900.

20140407_150528_zps6fbc3421.jpg

Hey Fman

Did you have the 10 crew on board at this time ?

Cheers

Ouch...that's more RPM than I'd want to deal with cruising anywhere. Fine for my local water but I'd be unhappy anywhere else we go.

I bet it has one hell of a hole shot though!

A22, 335CAT motor, 1400' elevation, 600 lbs lead, 4 adults, 1 toddler, full fuel (46 gallons), axis cruise control (malibu cruise paddle wheel) calibrated by gps.

1235 23 mph = 3100 rpm

(WOT) 41 mph = 5200 rpm (so 30 should be around 4000)

2315 23 mph = 3100 rpm

(WOT) 40 mph = 5200 rpm (so 30 should be 4000 still)

24 19 23 mph = 3150 rpm

(WOT) 37 mph = 5200 rpm

My boats "zero" is 600 due to lead, so I am sure you can get another 1 MPH on both props if you are completely unballasted. All tests done on same lake with same people in the boat using 89 octane fuel from same gas station.

• Like 3

so if you are deciding between the 2315 or 1235… I think the difference in unweighted performance is SO negligible that the choice is a no brainer as the 2315 will out pull the 1235 all day long… I think the price of the 2315 is the only downside. AND my gph's did not change any measurable amount.

Ouch...that's more RPM than I'd want to deal with cruising anywhere. Fine for my local water but I'd be unhappy anywhere else we go.I bet it has one hell of a hole shot though!

You have a LS1...nice. This 2315 makes the 350 come alive. It feels so good!!

A22, 335CAT motor, 1400' elevation, 600 lbs lead, 4 adults, 1 toddler, full fuel (46 gallons), axis cruise control (malibu cruise paddle wheel) calibrated by gps.

1235 23 mph = 3100 rpm

(WOT) 41 mph = 5200 rpm (so 30 should be around 4000)

2315 23 mph = 3100 rpm

(WOT) 40 mph = 5200 rpm (so 30 should be 4000 still)

24 19 23 mph = 3150 rpm

(WOT) 37 mph = 5200 rpm

My boats "zero" is 600 due to lead, so I am sure you can get another 1 MPH on both props if you are completely unballasted. All tests done on same lake with same people in the boat using 89 octane fuel from same gas station.

Thanks johnnydefacto

I think those figures just made my mind up

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

so if you are deciding between the 2315 or 1235… I think the difference in unweighted performance is SO negligible that the choice is a no brainer as the 2315 will out pull the 1235 all day long… I think the price of the 2315 is the only downside. AND my gph's did not change any measurable amount.

I feel the same, always thought it was no brainer going from the 1235 to the 2315 (when I needed more torque). I actually think I use less fuel with the 2315 because I am not hammering the throttle down as hard to get on plane while pulling up riders or surfing. I did not buy a wakeboat concerned about top speed, 30 mph seems plenty fast for me to get to our ride spots. Even when I was running the 1235 I always cruised in the 30-32 mph range.

• Like 3

I feel the same, always thought it was no brainer going from the 1235 to the 2315 (when I needed more torque). I actually think I use less fuel with the 2315 because I am not hammering the throttle down as hard to get on plane while pulling up riders or surfing. I did not buy a wakeboat concerned about top speed, 30 mph seems plenty fast for me to get to our ride spots. Even when I was running the 1235 I always cruised in the 30-32 mph range.

yup, I am the same way. I use my boat 95% of the time to wakeboard and I am fortunate to be able to start riding right from the launch ramp and dock. Even on big water I always just cruise at 27-28 because it is just so comfortable at that speed, for everyone. I do understand that a lot of people have to drive long distances to get to riding spots, or to go for cruises or out to dinner, so their concern is valid… When I go to Lake Havasu I throw on my OJ Cinco as that thing is sooooo quiet and it goes 43 WOT. Cruising at 28-30 is very very pleasant with it AND it still pulls up a lot of weight.

If I ever need another back up to my 2315… it will be the 2315. Love this prop.

• Like 2

This is with lots of headwind, chop, and driving with my knees fully loaded. I was easy on the throttle. You could here me push it a little.

Surf Cruising Speed RPM's with 2315

Edited by Afun

Yep the OJ 468 fits right in between and is perfect imho for the VLX. YMMV