Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My carpet project

racer808

Big thanks to Boz & Cap for the help answering questions! But here's my results. I cut some corners & only replaced floor, floor seat rails, lockers, locker trim, sub box. Sides were in great shape & were a perfect match so I left those alone. I screwed up putting the seat rails back together, have a few gaps & the boat seems way smaller inside. Trying to find an easy way to fix without taking apart again but I may not have a choice :mad: . Sorry for the pics while in my garage, fluorescent lighting & camera flash made them all yellow.

IMG_20140328_090913_zps9be81aa4.jpg

IMG_20140328_094305_zps08e29bd4.jpg

IMG_20140329_131044_zps19325159.jpg

IMG_20140329_161942_zps5e02f269.jpg

IMG_20140330_101221_zpscd4444dc.jpg

IMG_20140330_111759_zps51179c6e.jpg

Edited by racer808
  • Like 1

Nice job dude. Are you talking about the gaps in the floor panels?

No in the seats. The cooler door I think I just installed the hinge slightly off cause there is 1/2" gap between the next cushion. But over the V drive cushion there is a huge gap between the two seats next to the center cushion that is bothering the hell out of me, need to get that one closer, not sure how it's so off though, there's only so many ways to put it back together.

Does anyone know if you can buy those plastic bin inserts the newer Bu's for the ski lockers & the one that goes over the engine? I'd like to get a pair of those

Edited by racer808

Looks great!! BTW, how many screws hold down the floor piece over the gas tank? I tried to pull mine up last summer and could only find the front 2. It didnt want to budge with those out.

Edited by Brodie

Looks great!! BTW, how many screws hold down the floor piece over the gas tank? I tried to pull mine up last summer and could only find the front 2. It didnt want to budge with those out.

Brodie, there should just be two screws up front but you will need to pry it up with a fairly sturdy and wide-faced chisel. They are put in there fairly snug and you'll need to wiggle it across the entire length of the short side to pry it up gently. It should be made out of honecomb metal and will bend the underside if you use a screwdriver or something thin (been there). Once you have it up you may want to install a handle on it if so it's easier to remove after. (borrowed idea from Pistol Pete)

20140406_155434_zps0fae3d26.jpg

• Like 2

Good job, that must have saved a bundle doing it yourself.

I think I am just under $300.00 for carpet & misc stuff from Home Depot. It was a harder project then I thought & took more time then I thought. But it was worth it, boat looks so much better & I hate my vinyl less now. I have some mistakes I need to cover up & I have to figure out why my seating seems so off.

I think I am just under $300.00 for carpet & misc stuff from Home Depot. It was a harder project then I thought & took more time then I thought. But it was worth it, boat looks so much better & I hate my vinyl less now. I have some mistakes I need to cover up & I have to figure out why my seating seems so off.

Racer..

Where did you get the carpet from???

Is that the fuel sender in the very middle of the gas tank? I'm about to swap mine out, but could have sworn mine was on the starboard aft corner. Might have to double check.

Oh and great job! I'll definitely be doing likewise in a couple years.

Is there a gap between the floor and the sides of the walkway to slide the carpet under or did you have to cut it to fit. Was it difficult to line the seat bases back up with the preexisting holes in the floor?

Is there a gap between the floor and the sides of the walkway to slide the carpet under or did you have to cut it to fit. Was it difficult to line the seat bases back up with the preexisting holes in the floor?

. I only slipped it under the cooler section. Which I ended up taking out later to do the bases so I should have just did it under there. I yanked the other bases and replaced under those and the bases themselves. Nothing lined up after, I got everything lined up and just screwed the bases down in new holes. Cordless drill drives them easily. It really wasn't hard, it was just time consuming but the guys on here are so great about helping out when you get stuck and need a question answered.