Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chrome emblems

Kj20203

I have a 2005 wakesetter and all of the chrome accent emblems are flaking off. I have see replacement emblems on bakesonlone, but is it worth taking the old ones off and having them powder coated?

Yes. Yes it is. Took my bezel off along with glove box door and forks. Sanded all the "bubbles" and rough spots down. Took them to a local guy and had all pieces done for $50.00 total. It will NOT hide all defects but it does a great job IMO. I went with a textured powder coat.

post-21756-0-97676800-1396928224_thumb.j

Edited by TNWILSON

Yes. Yes it is. Took my bezel off along with glove box door and forks. Sanded all the "bubbles" and rough spots down. Took them to a local guy and had all pieces done for $50.00 total. It will NOT hide all defects but it does a great job IMO. I went with a textured powder coat.

I have called around local shops and they are unsure if they can actually cover it due to the metal/ chrome finishing. Have you had any problems with the coating staying on?

Mine is only about 2 weeks old. Hasn't seen much action yet. It can def be covered. There is some prep work you gotta do. I used a flat wheel grinder with wire brush attachment to smooth everything out. Sander wouldn't do it. NO it will not hold up if you don't get all those flakes and bubbles ground out.

Mine is only about 2 weeks old. Hasn't seen much action yet. It can def be covered. There is some prep work you gotta do. I used a flat wheel grinder with wire brush attachment to smooth everything out. Sander wouldn't do it. NO it will not hold up if you don't get all those flakes and bubbles ground out.

Gotcha. Thanks for the information!

Anyone know of a good powder coaster in the spring/Conroe Tx area?

Gotcha. Thanks for the information!

Anyone know of a good powder coaster in the spring/Conroe Tx area?

I had every piece of chrome on my 05 powdercoated. They sandblasted all the pieces then coated. Havent had any issues for 2 seasons. I'm in the Cypress area and used these guys http://www.ucind.net/ .