Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Purchase Ordeal

Kojak

Definitely didn't mean to start a bunch of drama. Just needed to vent about the whole situation.

Trust me,,,,it's not anything you started. Hang around a while and it will become clear....

ahopkins22LSV

Great to hear the new deal is working out for you. I hope the survey comes back in your favor and it sounds like you have done your homework. Once you get your new baby home you will just look back at this thread as a cocktail late night entertainment read. :cheers:

• Like 2

It's true!

I'm posting from the shark's belly.

Luckily I had my phone on me when I got eaten.

It's not so bad in here. Kind of stinky.

Welcome to the crew kojak and congrats on the new Bu!

By the way are you bald or you just love that crazy kojak?

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 3

Welcome to the crew kojak and congrats on the new Bu!

By the way are you bald or you just love that crazy kojak?

I used to shave my head but not anymore.

The Kojak moniker is in honor of my dad. He shaves his head, has for years. And when CBs were popular, his handle was Kojak.

But mostly because when I was a kid we would always watch the Kojak tv series together.

• Like 2

It's too bad it didn't come full circle and the owner of the boat that the deal fell through on was a TMC member. Then we could arrange a no rules cage match and the winner gets the boat and the $1000 cashiers check.

• Like 3

Holy crap, what if the seller was really nitrousbird? First DocPhil gets eaten by a shark and Nitrousbird diverts attention from himself by calling out kojak and his "lack of" funds.

What's next? Afun doing T-shirt commercials with Michael Jordan? Or does Dare really admit that it's not really his "cousin" and her "German" friend.

Armageddon is here man!!! :blowup:

Edited by Rmack
  • Like 4

Superior how? People make all sorts of stupid financial decisions (I sure have plenty of examples for myself) and may have not made them if someone simply pointed it out to them. If the guy can afford it - great - but the initial post didn't reflect that. Had someone pointed out a couple stupid things I did years ago I could have prevented at least a few mistakes. I never did anything to hurt my credit but definitely did a few things that hurt my financial situation.The housing crash happened because of YOUR MENTALITY. Let everyone get loans for however expensive of a house they want. It's not my money or my business, let them do what they want. Then the market crashes, house values plummet, loans are harder to get, TARP funds are dispersed, and all of a sudden it has a lot of impact on you. Obviously the gov't "should" have had the biggest skin in the game to regulate some of this more (and I'm a small gov't person), but the mentality that people should just spend, spend, spend and be encouraged to do so has been clearly proven to be a bad one.Regardless, the OP said later he could afford it, so I will assume he has it handled as I have no evidence to the contrary.

Superior how? Just go back and read every post that you've ever made that starts of with "lol". Maybe then, if you read them all in one sitting, you'll get what I am talking about. It's obvious you don't get it at all now because after I accused you of preaching you just went on and preached some more as evidenced in this post.

You can make all the assumptions about my "mentality" all you want but the funny thing is that I agree with and practice financial responsibility. I just don't feel the need to flaunt the superiority of my financial situation every chance I get.

Edited by Ruffdog

The housing crash happened because of YOUR MENTALITY. Let everyone get loans for however expensive of a house they want. It's not my money or my business, let them do what they want. Then the market crashes, house values plummet, loans are harder to get, TARP funds are dispersed, and all of a sudden it has a lot of impact on you. Obviously the gov't "should" have had the biggest skin in the game to regulate some of this more (and I'm a small gov't person), but the mentality that people should just spend, spend, spend and be encouraged to do so has been clearly proven to be a bad one.

It's pretty obvious from his posts that what you are suggesting is not his mentality. Part of the whole freedom thing you've got going on in America is the freedom to make decisions on your own, it's not my business, your business or anyone else to tell you what financial decisions to make or how you should spend your money. It's 100% personal responsibility and education.

Sadly, both of those things are lacking when people do make decisions, and THAT's what led to the crash.

• Like 4

Baddog, did you change your avatar?

Steve B.

She's my new babe from Game of Thrones. I am in lust.

Shania will be back, but for the next 9 episodes you are likely to be seeing a lot of Daenerys.

Just a quick update.

I got the deposit check back from the 1st seller last week. So that ordeal is done. And other than waiting about two months for nothing, I'm not out anything.

Onto the current deal:

The inspection went very good. The surveyor stated that the boat was in excellent condition. All documents will be at the bank tomorrow so it looks like we can close on the loan by the first part of next week. I spoke to the seller today and we have agreed on Friday, May 2nd as the pickup date.

18 days and counting...

ahopkins22LSV

Just a quick update.

I got the deposit check back from the 1st seller last week. So that ordeal is done. And other than waiting about two months for nothing, I'm not out anything.

Onto the current deal:

The inspection went very good. The surveyor stated that the boat was in excellent condition. All documents will be at the bank tomorrow so it looks like we can close on the loan by the first part of next week. I spoke to the seller today and we have agreed on Friday, May 2nd as the pickup date.

18 days and counting...

:clap::cheers:

• 3 weeks later...