Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

You Like our Malibu Deck Boats?

Ndawg12

Of course the day we pull our windshields off then the next day is the first flood of the season :cry: and even the infamous Evolution cover can't bead all this rain off so I may have to send it back to Cory for some modifications. So do you guys like our malibu deck boats or should we throw the windshields back on?

photo1_zps58f4d895.jpg

photo2_zps2e8d6a74.jpg

Edited by Ndawg12

Funny. I had my windshield off as well this weekend replacing those dreaded front speakers.

Does it really have to come off to replace those?!

If you look around on the site, you will see that some people have been able to get them out with a 90 degree screw driver (but it is a very tight fit). In my case, there was just no other way to do it. I was replacing the speakers with 6.5" speakers and the hole has to be opened up to accomodate them. The factory speakers seem to be about 6.25".

It's not impossible, but it's pretty close. I managed to do it, but only becuase my windshield had a few screw that had the heads ripped off. It wouldn't been much easier without the windshield.

It's not impossible, but it's pretty close. I managed to do it, but only becuase my windshield had a few screw that had the heads ripped off. It wouldn't been much easier without the windshield.

:plus1: it's possible to take out the 3-4 screws along the front edge and flex the windshield enough to work with a shorty screw driver. Not recommended but possible.

Look forward to seeing the tint!

:biggrin: going limo this time around and can't wait!! I think it's going to solidify my decision to go naked this summer, the decals are in such great shape though but its not 2007 any more. I don't wear my Affliction/Tapout shirts anymore so the boat must follow suit...

Anyone want to clue me in to how hard and how long it takes to remove the windshield? :cry:

For my boat it was about 3 screws and around 6 bolts with nuts, per side. Not hard at all actually. It took me around 20 minutes to remove each side. The most nerve wracking part for me was actually having it off the boat and hoping that nothing happend to the glass in my garage until I got it mounted safe and sound back on the boat.

Edited by Wolfgangred
ahopkins22LSV

:biggrin: going limo this time around and can't wait!! I think it's going to solidify my decision to go naked this summer, the decals are in such great shape though but its not 2007 any more. I don't wear my Affliction/Tapout shirts anymore so the boat must follow suit...

Nate, i am with you.. I am thinking in the near future going limo and get rid of the decals!!!

Thank you guys...I'll take a look and re-think the speakers.

Once you've done it once you'll be able to do it again in 10-15 minutes and laugh about the time when you were scared of it. Both my boats had 2 bolts and nuts in each corner and I replace them with lag screws. (the bolts thread into the fiberglass so you should be able to spin the nut off without having to hold from the topside)

1) pull 2 pins and remove center section

2) pull both rubber stripping at the base of windshield

3) remove all lag screws

4) carefully lift off windshield

Remember to chamfer all the holes before re-installing to prevent spider cracks. Simply run a slightly larger drill bit in reverse until you are thru the ~1/8" gelcoat.

• Like 2

Can the rubber stripping be reused or should it be replaced every time?

Can't count how many times I had mine in and out of my old vRide. Hit it with some 303 while it's out :thumbup:

• Like 2

I drove from the ramp about a mile or so to my house with the windshield off. Water temp was 59, same as the air temp. It was not ideal and for some reason the wife didn't want to join me.. i am glad the lake was empty as it looks ridiculous. :) you sure can see everything if you can keep your eye's open.. :)

BTW, I took my windshield off Saturday for the 1st time and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I was waiting on Ndawg to come over but he was taking a nap or something. 2 bolts on each side and the rest screws. only help I needed was in the removal and I could have done that myself if needed. I may take it off each year as part of the cleaning process now, it gets filthy behind that thing.

Edited by jcon44
  • Like 1

picking the glass up tonight, will let you all know how it looks. I will try to get it back on and take some pictures before dark as well.

• Like 2

You all didn't have to remove the glass from the frame, correct?

correct, pulled the whole frame and windshield glass off in 3 pieces. I think that's what you are asking.