Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom cover for 97 Sunsetter lx with swoop tower

Dale974

I have a 97 Sunsetter lx with a skylon swoop tower installed. Trying to get a good cover that fits around the tower and is nice a fitting. The only ones I'm finding are for a Sunsetter lx with Eci t3 tower. Anyone have luck with this? Thanks

You would have better luck buying a cover for the boat and then taking it to a local canvas shop and having them make cutouts for the tower legs.

When I had my 97 sunsetter / this is what I did.

I highly doubt you will find a cover that fits those tower legs.

• Like 2

I'm in the same situation for my 98 Sunsetter. Same tower and everything. My cover just disintegrated and I was looking around pretty hard to find a reasonably priced replacement. I store my boat in covered storage and only trailer it with the cover off. The boat cover is really just a dust protector and keeps varmints and birds out of the boat. I figure I don't need a super, duper custom cover that costs $800+. I found these guys by seaching the www:

National Boat Covers http://www.nationalboatcovers.com/c/boat-w-ski-towers/tournamentskiboat.html

Looks like they have a design that uses a velcro closure to fit around the tower legs. Take a look and see what you think. Perhaps other members on the forum know about this cover and can provide some additional info.

Another more expensive option is skiboatcovers.com. They're about as cheap as you can get for a custom cover.

Edited by skiguy

I have a 97 Sunsetter lx with a skylon swoop tower installed. Trying to get a good cover that fits around the tower and is nice a fitting. The only ones I'm finding are for a Sunsetter lx with Eci t3 tower. Anyone have luck with this? Thanks

I could be wrong but I think ECI = Skylon

I'm surprised no one recommended Evolution covers, I have no experience with Cory (yet). I've seen nothing but good things about them on here, do a search and it'll likely be your first choice. (I have seen some cool custom over tower covers and waterline covers that I wouldn't mine either)

Also lots of pictures here... and no more poles.

I've got a 96 Sunsetter VLX that Cory at Evolution Covers said he could make a cover for. You simply send him measurements for where the legs of the tower are. Hoping to get one ordered this yr or next.