Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion x tower

The pin (starboard side)on my illusion X tower will not lock. The manual states to replace the ball plunger part# 420-2218. Where is it located and can I replace this part myself. Also where do I purchase this part

Ron

Edited by sgent131

What year is your boat? The later towers, I wanna say 2006-7 have a very small set screw that you can adjust the tension on the pins so they stay in. Fold the tower down and look at the top side of the hole you should see a small Allen head set screw inside there. You can slightly tighten this screw and it will help keep the pin in.

If the pin is badly worn , they are available at most large hardware stores or McMaster -Carr online.

Mine locks by turning the pin so the ring goes into the lower recess. I push up on the hoop and release to get the pins in, and to adjust the tightness I tighten the Allen head set screw that is exposed when the tower is folded.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post, but hoping someone know the specs for the ball plunger.  I need a new one to  keep my 2007 Illusion x tower operating safely.  Need to order online, so knowing the specs would make it a lot easier.  thanks in advance for any assistance!