Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BT popping and humming noise and multiple positive and negatives run straight to battery?

Nwextreme

So just picked up my boat after getting a major install done. I had a sub box built, 3 amps installed (exile 12.1, JLM650 and a WS SYN 4) and a Ws420 W/BT control. All sounded outstanding playing a cd or running directly from iPod until I used the Bluetooth running from my iPhone. When the volumes low I get a popping and humming noise. Less audible if I have the volume on my iPhone all the way up. If I turn the volume on the phone down it gets pretty bad but not sure if that's normal or not with BT?? After lurking around this board I know your supposed to ground everything to the same ground to eliminate any noise. I mentioned this to the shop before the install. After I got home and further investigated I realized they ran all the power and negative wires from everything straight back to the battery from the amps not using any distribution blocks. Wondering if that has anything to do with the noise or not? If not Are there any downsides to having them run like that other that aesthetics? <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only experience with A2DP BT is with an iPhone and from what I've seen, the range ain't great. I can't stand on the swim platform or walk around my car with the iPhone in my pocket without it breaking up. You might be experiencing a range issue as well. Did the shop try it out before delivering the job?

As to the wiring, I have to ask a dumb question. Did they fuse each positive lead? They definately don't give away distro blocks so if there weren't any on the original estimate then I wouldn't expect to find them installed.

I would get back with your installer. I am sure they can and will resolve it. The first thing i would confirm is that the EQ and BT are indeed sharing the same battery B+ and B- source as the amps and head-unit and NOT terminated to the helm BUSS's. Next, if there is an extension cable between the BT receiver and the head-unit or EQ, whichever its connected to, make sure all those sockets are fully seated.

Yea, I called wetsounds and they've told me to verify the same thing. My installer is n a 10 day trip to Hawaii. What timing I know, that's why I'm trying to figure out what's the dealio. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for him to get back to try and solve the issue. I didn't pay money to go rip everything apart and do all that work myself anyhow. <br /><br />Thanks for the feedback guys. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk