Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rear center access panel

I BOUGHT A 2013 MALIBU RESPONSE PROMO BOAT LAST WEEK. WE WERE WONDERING IF YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE REAR SEAT WRAP AROUND TO REMOVE THE ACCESS PANEL. IF SO MY GOSH IT MUST BE STUCK OR CERTAIN WAY.

CONGRATS ON A GREAT BU! love my TXi.

Are you taking about the stern Ski locker? I believe you should be able to access under it by

just removing the screws in the locker.

If your talking about the floor access panel behind the motor cover, no. Just pull up on the pop up floor nob.

it's some what snug.

I BOUGHT A 2013 MALIBU RESPONSE PROMO BOAT LAST WEEK. WE WERE WONDERING IF YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE REAR SEAT WRAP AROUND TO REMOVE THE ACCESS PANEL. IF SO MY GOSH IT MUST BE STUCK OR CERTAIN WAY.

If you are talking about the floor panel behind the motor box where the mufflers are - in a 2005 you don't have to remove anything but the rear seat base, but that panel is jammed in there super tight. I had to use a small pry bar to remove the one in my father inlaws boat pulling on the little handle wasn't enough.

Edited by oldjeep

Just bought an '03 Wakesetter and was wondering the same about that rear trap door. Has a thumb pull but is not coming up. Tried to pry it w/ a screw driver but felt like it was locked. Was afraid to get to aggressive w/ it

You left your caps lock on. It's the key on the very left side of you keyboard.