Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hey, anyone have gold leaf on their transoms?

Vettesetter

There's no rules on that, some say its bad luck NOT to name your boat, you say only ocean boats, no offence, but a hand lettered gilding job would look sweet no matter what boat it's on. Hey Nitrous, nice wheels you got there, can you pm me the info?

Joe

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41533-vote-on-boat-names-for-my-new-wakesetter/?hl=+naming +boat

It's been covered here before. I like the Corvette badging posted above that I assume is already on there - IMO far more classy and matches you unique boat.

Yes Rmack, we up here in Canada can play you a Toonie for a Loonie. ..lol

:Tease3:

I hate the Loonie/Toonie. I spend almost a month a year in Canada. In the US, having some change in your pocket might add up to a buck or two - if you loose some no big deal. In Canada, you get a lot more change back AND it's worth a lot more.

I do like the new plastic money though.

Edited by Nitrousbird

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41533-vote-on-boat-names-for-my-new-wakesetter/?hl=+naming +boatIt's been covered here before. I like the Corvette badging posted above that I assume is already on there - IMO far more classy and matches you unique boat.I hate the Loonie/Toonie. I spend almost a month a year in Canada. In the US, having some change in your pocket might add up to a buck or two - if you loose some no big deal. In Canada, you get a lot more change back AND it's worth a lot more.I do like the new plastic money though.

It's great for saving for stuff, you just chuck in your loonies and Toonies and a year later you got enough for a used foil.........hmmmm.........a new used foil........yeah, that's IT, .......a NEW USED FOIL!!!.........I love this site, I'm gonna go polish my duck now.

Humm mm mm. ?...polished your duck. ?....I see censorship coming here. ?...lol....

It's the hood ornament on my boat.

Edited by Vettesetter Z06

I'm thinking of real gold leaf for the lettering on the transom, anyone done this on their Bu?

I had a scarlet red Harley Dyna Wide Glide with all of the lettering and flames in gold leaf. If your boat is that Red Corvette it will look amazing. Kind of difficult to find a skilled gold leaf artist.

• Like 1

Bah. So naming is wrong, but changing decals, tower colors, lighting, speakers, etc. in order to personalize a boat is OK?

Coming up with a good name that includes a pun on your name, wife's name, your occupation, or the intended use of the boat is fair game, and gets you extra credit in my book. Heck, I have seen rowboats and canoes with names on them.

Go for it!

• Like 2

I had a scarlet red Harley Dyna Wide Glide with all of the lettering and flames in gold leaf. If your boat is that Red Corvette it will look amazing. Kind of difficult to find a skilled gold leaf artist.

Agree on both counts. I'll reiterate that the gold leaf should be under clear coat to protect it. We've done many, many hot rod projects with gold and silver leaf. Just can't see finding a decent area on the back of the boat to border the clear off.

I actually like that. Mine would have a drop shadow though.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, as I was referring to the size of the name scripting. You have that beautiful

Corvette emblem across the transom, and I was visualizing to you eliminating that. Lol...

You should look at the new vinyl it has come a long way after all gold leaf vinyl is made from paint

And with a name like "pu**ywagon" you'll grow up one day and want to remove it lol

Permanent non stock paint will kill your resale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, as I was referring to the size of the name scripting. You have that beautiful

Corvette emblem across the transom, and I was visualizing to you eliminating that. Lol...

The Corvette emblem is above the rub rail on the top deck, the gold leaf will go underneath the rub rail on the transom where the Malibu emblem is. I plan on removing the Malibu emblem repairing the gelcoat, and putting the lettering across that area. You know where the transom pad would go if I wanted one.

">http://SDC10042.jpg

">http://SDC10182.jpg

• Like 1

You should look at the new vinyl it has come a long way after all gold leaf vinyl is made from paintAnd with a name like "pu**ywagon" you'll grow up one day and want to remove it lolPermanent non stock paint will kill your resale Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not putting Pu**ywagon on on it and the paint can be taken off if desired. As far as growing up one day, I doubt it, I'm 53 now so if I haven't grown up yet, I'm not going to. If it's done nicely, it will add value, not kill resale, as my boat is custom and it's one more custom touch, like upgrading your rims on your trailer, does that kill your resale too? Now of course, if you put some really poor tasteless name on it it may have negative results for certain buyers. :rockon:

Yes, listen to this man, Afun, you know what I'm talking about, the red and gold looks sweet. Gold leaf (burnished), red pinstripe outline, black outline with drop shadow, in a nice italic script. I know what I'm doing here people, trust me, it will look freaking amazing if it's done right.

I'm not putting Pu**ywagon on on it and the paint can be taken off if desired. As far as growing up one day, I doubt it, I'm 53 now so if I haven't grown up yet, I'm not going too. If it's done nicely it will add value not kill resale as my boat is custom and it's one more custom touch, like upgrading your rims on your trailer, does that kill your resale too? Now of course, if you put some really poor tasteless name on it it may have negative results for certain buyers.

Are you saying "pu**ywagon" is tasteless?

I feel it opens the boat up to a whole new boating market.

Look what happy Gilmore did to golfing!

Are you saying "pu**ywagon" is tasteless?

I feel it opens the boat up to a whole new boating market.

Look what happy Gilmore did to golfing!

"P**** Wagon" is from Kill Bill, I am not saying it is tasteless, but my wife would be offended. :cheers:

• Like 1

"P**** Wagon" is from Kill Bill, I am not saying it is tasteless, but my wife would be offended. :cheers:

PuttyWagon is what I'm talking about. The t's must have been broken on my computer.

You know, the golf/wakeboarding combo, "PuttyWagon". What are you talking about? :dontknow:

Buy the way, didn't see you on the list for a Red/Black, "The Malibu Crew.com" beach towel. I would have thought Dare talked you into a couple. :thumbup:

Edited by Rmack
  • Like 2

PuttyWagon is what I'm talking about. The t's must have been broken on my computer.

You know, the golf/wakeboarding combo, "PuttyWagon". What are you talking about? :dontknow:

Buy the way, didn't see you on the list for a Red/Black, "The Malibu Crew.com" beach towel. I would have thought Dare talked you into a couple. :thumbup:

Have you been drinking again? :rofl: Why would I buy some when I can steal....er ...borrow them from Dare when he takes me footin. :clap::cheers:

What do they look like? :innocent:

• Like 1

Have you been drinking again? :rofl: Why would I buy some when I can steal....er ...borrow them from Dare when he takes me footin. :clap::cheers:

Now I know why Dare put his name on his towels and why he has "his cousin" and "German Friend" Sitting on his towel. Vettesetter was in the background ready to steal his towel. makes complete sense now.

"Cousin"? "German Friend"? Still not buying it Dare!

Check post 74

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47640-offical-2014-the-malibu-crew-towel/page-4

• Like 2

I'm not putting Pu**ywagon on on it and the paint can be taken off if desired. As far as growing up one day, I doubt it, I'm 53 now so if I haven't grown up yet, I'm not going to. If it's done nicely, it will add value, not kill resale, as my boat is custom and it's one more custom touch, like upgrading your rims on your trailer, does that kill your resale too? Now of course, if you put some really poor tasteless name on it it may have negative results for certain buyers. :rockon:

Alright alright you obviously made up your mind on putting Pu**ywagon on the transom in vinyl gold leaf. I would not recommend it but it looks like you have made up your mind. Just do it already and post pics when its done.

• Like 1

Now I know why Dare put his name on his towels and why he has "his cousin" and "German Friend" Sitting on his towel. Vettesetter was in the background ready to steal his towel. makes complete sense now.

"Cousin"? "German Friend"? Still not buying it Dare!

Check post 74

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47640-offical-2014-the-malibu-crew-towel/page-4

Rmack....check post 76 again....lol.....

Ok! Vettesetter here is the DEAL !! as Rmack is my witness, you go for a short line Barefoot run off my boom

and I'll sell you one of my new TMC towels.........!!!

:tease2:

• Like 2

is it red?

Matter of fact, it can be! I ordered three more, one Red, Black and Purple.

Purple is for my daughter, the Red was to replace the red one I have which has my handle

inbroderied in to it by my cousin. It lies over the back of my office couch under my water sports pictures.

Yes Rmac my cousin.....lol......thats the story I'm sticking with...lol....

And the black to replace my Black Malibu Pearl Edtion Towel that came with the TXi.

I want to hang that towel on the garage wall with my Pearl!

I would have no problem letting you buy the red one. I'll replace it next year

when rmac has this group buy again.

Speeking of Pearl, now you've got me thinking, gold leaf " Pearl " on my transom....hummmmmmm

What kinda cost are we taking for somthing like this?