Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hey, anyone have gold leaf on their transoms?

Vettesetter

Had it done on a car years ago. Dock partner has his MC numbers done in silver leaf on his 2007. Looks good with his colors. Just have it done by someone who is skilled in the old ways.

Thinking of having it turned?

Yeah, burnished looks pretty sweet, I'm not even close to deciding what font or the final name among other details.

Edited by Vettesetter Z06

Sure hope it don't look like this.......

I actually like that. Mine would have a drop shadow though.

Edited by Vettesetter Z06

Please don't name your boat. Names are for ocean boats, not inboards.My transom is covered with a Malibu transom pad.

There's no rules on that, some say its bad luck NOT to name your boat, you say only ocean boats, no offence, but a hand lettered gilding job would look sweet no matter what boat it's on. Hey Nitrous, nice wheels you got there, can you pm me the info?

Joe

• Like 3

I would consider doing it in vinyl for longevity and resale (if you ever do sell that custom beauty).

One, vinyl is easily removable for sale or replacement if you keep the boat long enough to need it.

Two, it won't need to be clear coated over for protection like real gold leafing would.

There are some really high quality engine turned gold vinyls out there now and should be available through any local sign shop, who can also do the cutting, drop shadowing, and install for you.

• Like 1

Just don't think that nautical themed gold leafing has a place on a clean looking boat like yours.

The font is very important, as is the size, and the quality of the workmanship. I don't require people to inform me what does or doesn't have a place on anything I own, especially my pride and joy. We are all individuals with different likes and dislikes, and what some like others don't. I do value the crews opinion, and I have a secret gauge that I use to determine what is awesome and cool. It's my better half, if she says "I hate that" it's definitely sweet.

The font is very important, as is the size, and the quality of the workmanship. I don't require people to inform me what does or doesn't have a place on anything I own, especially my pride and joy. We are all individuals with different likes and dislikes, and what some like others don't. I do value the crews opinion, and I have a secret gauge that I use to determine what is awesome and cool. It's my better half, if she says "I hate that" it's definitely sweet.

I was going to name my boat "Pu**ywagon" and gold leaf it, but my wife said,"I love it", so I opted out. :lol:

Although, I do agree that boat naming is not the norm for wake/ski boats, I do agree that if done correctly, it could look very nice.

Edited by Rmack
  • Like 1

I would consider doing it in vinyl for longevity and resale (if you ever do sell that custom beauty).

One, vinyl is easily removable for sale or replacement if you keep the boat long enough to need it.

Two, it won't need to be clear coated over for protection like real gold leafing would.

There are some really high quality engine turned gold vinyls out there now and should be available through any local sign shop, who can also do the cutting, drop shadowing, and install for you.

Thank you, but no, I am not going to even entertain the thought of vinyl, it's hand lettering with paint or leaf and that's it, end of story.

I think some old school racing italic writing with a black out line would look sick. Maybe swirl the gold leaf.

Now, that's what I'm talking bout!

I was going to name my boat "Pu**ywagon" and gold leaf it, but my wife said,"I love it", so I opted out. :lol:

Although, I do agree that boat naming is not the norm for wake/ski boats, I do agree that if done correctly, it could look very nice.

I'm not normal.

I'm not normal.

Of course your not normal, you us kilometers instead of miles and you pay with loonies (you still pay with loonies don't you? it's been a while since I've been to Canada) :whistle:

Edited by Rmack

Of course your not normal, you us kilometers instead of miles and you pay with loonies (you still pay with loonies don't you? it's been a while since I've been to Canada) :whistle:

Yes, very funny, we use kilometers, we live in igloos, and as soon as you cross the border there's 10 feet of snow. We have Toonies also.

• Like 2

Yes Rmack, we up here in Canada can play you a Toonie for a Loonie. ..lol

:Tease3:

Yes Rmack, we up here in Canada can play you a Toonie for a Loonie. ..lol

:Tease3:

How aboot those loonies a!!

We used to go to Windsor every weekend when we were 19. Love loonies and toonies and drinking at Don cherries

• Like 2