Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sun protection

Rmattajr

Any ideas on on shade and protection from the sun for babies? Our baby will be about 10 months old when the boating season starts. Our Bimini doesn't cove a lot of the boat so I was curious what people have done for sun protection. Thinking specifically when he goes down for a nap I want him out of the direct sun in some shade. We have a small pack and play we can throw in the back of the boat and throw a sheet over but there has to be a better idea out there. I was thinking about our bow and how we can add the middle cushion, would be a great sleeping area for the little guy. If he sleeps there it would be great to figure out some kind of coverage from the sun. I was thinking is there a cover for the front of the boat that straps to the bow bars and can allow airflow and protect the baby from the sun?

Appreciate it

• Like 1

Our plan is to put him under the helm by the subwoofer. We can just turn the sub down, and plug one of those fans that plugs into a cigarette outlet down there. If needed we can drape a towel over the windshield and driver seat for extra shade.

Our plan is to put him under the helm by the subwoofer. We can just turn the sub down, and plug one of those fans that plugs into a cigarette outlet down there. If needed we can drape a towel over the windshield and driver seat for extra shade.

This is what we did. It worked great. Kept my daughter out of the sun and out of the foot traffic. She slept very soundly. We didn't have a sub though. But I did drape a towel over the steering wheel.

We stashed ours in the observers compartment. Made a little bed. Left lid open of course. This was in an eschelon. If I did it again, I'd prolly remove the observers seat cushion too. Backrest would make for a nice shade and make the area bigger and easier to get to in an emergency. Didn't see what kind of boat you had tho.

We stashed ours in the observers compartment. Made a little bed. Left lid open of course. This was in an eschelon. If I did it again, I'd prolly remove the observers seat cushion too. Backrest would make for a nice shade and make the area bigger and easier to get to in an emergency. Didn't see what kind of boat you had tho.

Lay a pad down under the helm and use towels as stated above. The fan is a good idea as well. It doesn't get that hot where we boat though. My wife bought a giant umbrella on a pole that I can rig to the Bimini or tower as well. I'll find out the name of it when she gets home.

Just remember that when they get cranky....... Crank the horsepower, the sound of a V8 from idle to full throttle is a lullaby to their ears.

It works magic, the vibration and breeze, it's the key to the " instant nap" app.

Trust me,

The father of 4.....

We have raised 2 babies on the boat and about to start #3. He is 8 months now so about the same age. We have a very thin sheet type blanket that we use to create shade while stopped. Just use clips to hold it where it needs to be. Remember to dip them from time to time to keep em cool. While under way we just try to find shade and put them there with an adult of course. Please don't put your child in the bow in attended.

Sent into space with tapatalk