Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Unagi".......The Power

Afun

Carry on, then...

And can you explain your thread title.....why would you christen your new prop 'the EEL?" Am I missing something?

Unagi (うなぎ) is the Japanese word for freshwater eel, especially the Japanese eel, Anguilla japonica.

Carry on, then...

And can you explain your thread title.....why would you christen your new prop 'the EEL?" Am I missing something?

Unagi (うなぎ) is the Japanese word for freshwater eel, especially the Japanese eel, Anguilla japonica.

Unagi means power.....got it from a comedian

Well I got it from Google.....hope you don't have that symbol tattooed on your a$$ or anything thinking it means power....because it means EEL!

Edited by RTS
  • Like 3

Tomorrows forecast, sunny and mild. Perfect day to unleash the super wave for our viewing pleasure.

Sunday, I got a crew!! But no video camera...yikes

Brian from Wakemakers told me to thank you

Tell Brian if he wants to make a ton of money... he needs to do a custom order of 15.5 -16x13s.... if not through Acme then through one of these other custom prop companies.

the 409s and 450s cant quite spin a 15x14 up tp max RPM when slammed heavy.... they certainly CAN spin up the 15x12s....there's a gap there where a slightly larger 15.5 to 16" dia and a 13 pitch would fit nicely for a lot of folks.

Under light and moderate loads... the 14-15" dias work well... slam them heavy and there's a lot of prop slip. The larger dias directly relate to prop slip.

555s really need a 16x15ish prop.

Tell Brian if he wants to make a ton of money... he needs to do a custom order of 15.5 -16x13s.... if not through Acme then through one of these other custom prop companies.

the 409s and 450s cant quite spin a 15x14 up tp max RPM when slammed heavy.... they certainly CAN spin up the 15x12s....there's a gap there where a slightly larger 15.5 to 16" dia and a 13 pitch would fit nicely for a lot of folks.

Under light and moderate loads... the 14-15" dias work well... slam them heavy and there's a lot of prop slip. The larger dias directly relate to prop slip.

555s really need a 16x15ish prop.

I was just kidding about Brian, but I'm sure if he meets you he will think you are a swell guy...