Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 VLX Is it worth the asking price?

Arick

Yeah that's what I have been primary looking for. Just having a hard time finding one with the options and colors that I like for 50k. I found a 2006 247 lsv with everything I want but they want 47k for it. I think thats way to high. I was thinking it needs to be closer to 40k.

You do know the difference between the models right? A 2006 247LSV in good shape with decent options and hours is worth mid 40's all day.

• Like 2

You do know the difference between the models right? A 2006 247LSV in good shape with decent options and hours is worth mid 40's all day.

I am pretty sure I do. Length, weight, motor, draft, gas tank size(87 vs 46). 16 vs 11 people. etc.. Now I am not sure if I am missing anything else?

Yeah that's what I have been primary looking for. Just having a hard time finding one with the options and colors that I like for 50k. I found a 2006 247 lsv with everything I want but they want 47k for it. I think thats way to high. I was thinking it needs to be closer to 40k.

Just my $.02 but the 247 has the opposite problem, my good friend has one and it is a nice boat but it is a barge and takes a ton of ballast to get a decent surf wave, if I couldn't get an LSV I would go with the VLX over the 247.

Here is one in Colorado - http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/boa/4395245426.html. 2008 for $43,000 and I think he would take a little less for it. He is also including some gear too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Woofta, I would have to see the green and black in person to make the call on that boat. Don't really like it based on the pictures.

Just my $.02 but the 247 has the opposite problem, my good friend has one and it is a nice boat but it is a barge and takes a ton of ballast to get a decent surf wave, if I couldn't get an LSV I would go with the VLX over the 247.

It shouldn't take that much more than the LSV 23. From what I recall reading some of the topics, I thought the longer/heavier boats produced a better wave for surfing?

The bigger the boat the more weight it is going to take however the potential for a better wave increases with the size of the boat as well. The 247 will put out a great wave when weighted properly. It really is not much heavier than a 23 LSV.