Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 VLX Is it worth the asking price?

Arick

Alright, so I have been looking for an LSV primarily but keeping in mind that I could go with an VLX as well. Well I found this VLX and like the looks of it and the features. However I feel its a bit on the high end as far as price. Keep in mind I have to get this from California to Wisconsin after the purchase. Do you think 49.5k is a bit high? I was thinking it should be around 45k .

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=42433

That last link is my boat for sale. :-) I have 145 hours and throwing in some accessories. Boards, ski's, and other goodies.

I live outside Chicago. A couple other members hit me up, so if you want some more info on mine, shoot me a message.

That last link is my boat for sale. :-) I have 145 hours and throwing in some accessories. Boards, ski's, and other goodies.

I live outside Chicago. A couple other members hit me up, so if you want some more info on mine, shoot me a message.

That's a nice boat! However I am not a huge fan of red. Would you be willing to change the color for me? ;)

That's a nice boat! However I am not a huge fan of red. Would you be willing to change the color for me? ;)

You bet. I just pulled all the vinyl off. what color do you want? ;-)

Great looking boat, especially the color scheme.

I wish I could afford to buy a 2010 VLX, otherwise, I would never buy one with the Illusion tower.

Probably a little high. I hate, and I mean HATE, when idiots waste their description with some magazine ad copy/paste instead of actually listing options in the boat.

• Like 2

Don't know the boat, but when I was stationed in CA I bought from/dealt with VS Marine and they were one of the best dealers I have ever been associated with, but this goes back to the early 2000's.

Not sure on the price but if you can afford an LSV get the bigger boat. I love my VLX but once I get a few friends or two families out I wish I had the extra room of the LSV. If I had it to do over again I would have spent the extra money for the LSV.

Not sure on the price but if you can afford an LSV get the bigger boat. I love my VLX but once I get a few friends or two families out I wish I had the extra room of the LSV. If I had it to do over again I would have spent the extra money for the LSV.

Yeah that's what I have been primary looking for. Just having a hard time finding one with the options and colors that I like for 50k. I found a 2006 247 lsv with everything I want but they want 47k for it. I think thats way to high. I was thinking it needs to be closer to 40k.

Yeah that's what I have been primary looking for. Just having a hard time finding one with the options and colors that I like for 50k. I found a 2006 247 lsv with everything I want but they want 47k for it. I think thats way to high. I was thinking it needs to be closer to 40k.

I think $47K is pretty fair depending on condition of course. An 06 VLX would be closer to $40K.

I was in the same situation. I was looking for 2007-2008 40k LSV. I wanted to find the perfect boat for 40-45 and it didn't exist. I looked almost every day for two years. I even looked at wholesale auctions. There were a few repo boats that fit the budget but they would have taken a lot of money after the sale to get them into the shape that I would want. Then I upped my budget to 50 and opened up to a VLX. I found some 2007-2008 vlx's for sub 50 but if I spent a little more, I could get a 2009 with a new hull. So I kept looking. For a little more than 50, I could get a 2010 with the G3. In the end I went with a new close out 2012 for a little more. It's a slippery and expensive slope that never really ends. In the end, I think the extra money I spent was well worth it. I just wish I did it sooner as to not have missed out on two summers and delt with all the stress of searching. Even though I have a boat, I still look at boats locally. It's much more enjoyable when you're not in the market.