Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hello everyone

4deeter

Its been a long year without a boat, but I finally made a purchase. Its a 2005 25 lsv......yes the tank. I feel I got a fair price on it and it has very low hours. 58. I was suspicious but according to the laptop plugged into ecm it is correct. We generally cruise around on the river and also do some wakesurfing. Immediate plans are to add about 3000 lbs of ballast to see if we can get this thing to sink a little lower in the water. I take delivery pending a successful water test in a couple weeks. We still have ice around here. A good friend of mine owns a trim shop and also does some fiberglassing so the port captains chair will be gone and replaced with conventional wrap around seating this season also. Wish us luck......and that gas stays under 4 bucks!!!!!!

Sweet boat, good luck with the wrap around seating, I like the idea. No offense but those little 200lb rear ballast tanks look silly in there, its like pi$$ing in the ocean, get some 1100's plumbed in there :thumbup: ....didn't take us long to start spending your money :biggrin:

Edited by Ndawg12

Those little hard tanks will be in the attic and will be replaced with 1100 pound sacs like you read my mind. Should be close to fitting a 750 under the seats on each side. Then 500s under each side of the bow seats. I'm just guessing but iI think the bow is going to want a lot of weight to make the wave long. The factory belly tank on this thing is huge also, and if iI get really desperate, I'll fill the toilet with concrete!!!! The size of this thing is kind of ridiculous being its sitting next to a 2012 247 right now and makes it look like a row boat. I have a hyper 7 yr old son and we really liked how deep the hull is and feel it will be a little safer for him. I don't like the idea of the rub rails being under water with kids on the boat if you know what I mean.

When it comes to surfing that boat:

Lots of bow weight

Might look at getting a new swim platform, or cutting the on you have.

It's incredible for wakeboarding, and big water. We rode one of these monsters out at Lake of the Ozarks last summer. So much fun!

I was wondering about that platform being so wide. I hope I don't have to chop it. If it cuts into the wave too much I will probably build a smaller one out of teak. I'm thinking two 4x8 sheets of plywood for surf gates. Ha ha.

I was wondering about that platform being so wide. I hope I don't have to chop it. If it cuts into the wave too much I will probably build a smaller one out of teak. I'm thinking two 4x8 sheets of plywood for surf gates. Ha ha.

I put a 1.5" spacer between the mount and platform. Doesn't even touch the wave heavily listed and my 3 yr old can still get up on it when empty.

Good to know. Your 3yr old is already surfing?????? That is so awesome. Sounds like daddy wants a demo boat every summer in the future.

Ndawg12 do you have any pics of your set up that would be useful. What ballast are you running for adult size people? Thanks again to all of you for the positive responses.

Good to know. Your 3yr old is already surfing?????? That is so awesome. Sounds like daddy wants a demo boat every summer in the future.

Ha!! No he's not surfing yet, I meant he can paddle around in his jacket and get back on the platform by himself even with it raised. I have not plumbed in any permanent ballast yet so it changes every time we're out and depends on how many are with us.

Welcome 4deeter. The 25 is a rare boat, Malibu never sold very many of them & I've only seen a few members over the years that have them. It will be interesting to follow your progress with setting it up for surfing, I've always been curious about how that boat would do. It's not that much longer than a 247, but you're right, it's got HUGE amounts of freeboard that none of the other models have.

ahopkins22LSV

That is a very cool looking boat! Nice find. If it were me I would probably give the two captain chairs a go around for a bit before I take them out and add the wrap around seating.

Ha!! No he's not surfing yet, I meant he can paddle around in his jacket and get back on the platform by himself even with it raised. I have not plumbed in any permanent ballast yet so it changes every time we're out and depends on how many are with us.

this is how you start them at 3yrs old:

CodyStart_zpse113b621.jpg

And what they look like a few yrs later

7F00B691-2906-4FFA-94CA-C549D7DEE93D-343

Gotcha.....I was feeling like a failure because my 7 year old is still just knee boarding. I think the current prop will have to stay for this season due to lack of funds........stupid house payment. It would be fine with me if this boat topped out at 32 mph and could pull the paint off of a house at 11 mph. I am curious to see what that big block will do when its slammed.