Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Am I mad?

dihrdskir

Well, the '88 barefooter went last month, the 11 TT 197 in August last year and before that and since 2008 the following boats have come and gone. 08 TT 197, 04 Response lxi, 94 barefooter, 07 VTX and last but not least the 07 Response LXi. All of the boats have been wonderful and I would have them all back in a heartbeat, but with a month and a half of skiable weather to go I am desperate for another boat. I am about to pull the trigger on another 07 VTX with some nice kit. It has moderate hrs, 430 but if I pick it up it will have a month or so on the water then spend the next three months in moth balls. I look at a 14 and see SG, Gen 3 tower and malivue but that's it. Same hull, same construction and not a lot of change for double the price. I'm thinking spend the extra on a couple of bags, ballast puppies, wire them in to the simple switches, and voila a great all rounder for reasonable dollars. The DD's and OB's have better ski and foot wakes but the V has the space. What do I do, help me out here...

Find a buddy with a boat and use it for the next month and a half.

I hear you deal but it never the same. Tried it last weekend, the one hr trip turned into three after the boat wouldn't start and the following day, the 9 am start became 11 because another couldn't make it. When you own you are in control.

Well, the '88 barefooter went last month, the 11 TT 197 in August last year and before that and since 2008 the following boats have come and gone. 08 TT 197, 04 Response lxi, 94 barefooter, 07 VTX and last but not least the 07 Response LXi. All of the boats have been wonderful and I would have them all back in a heartbeat, but with a month and a half of skiable weather to go I am desperate for another boat. I am about to pull the trigger on another 07 VTX with some nice kit. It has moderate hrs, 430 but if I pick it up it will have a month or so on the water then spend the next three months in moth balls. I look at a 14 and see SG, Gen 3 tower and malivue but that's it. Same hull, same construction and not a lot of change for double the price. I'm thinking spend the extra on a couple of bags, ballast puppies, wire them in to the simple switches, and voila a great all rounder for reasonable dollars. The DD's and OB's have better ski and foot wakes but the V has the space. What do I do, help me out here...

If that's the '07 Silver Edition that went to Australia, could you please tell the new owner to send it back to the States? I may be looking for one in the near future... :)

Good luck with the hunt for your next boat.

If that's the '07 Silver Edition that went to Australia, could you please tell the new owner to send it back to the States? I may be looking for one in the near future... :)

Good luck with the hunt for your next boat.

Alas no. There are very few Genuine Silver Editions I have seen here. It's not like it's a small place to go look for one though. Mine was a mock up of a SE without the silver highlights and it had the 340 and not the 383. It was a great boat and in the day had all the goods. If however I should happen to stumble across your boat, where should I have hime send it?

Sounds like you trade boats all the time so why do you care if it has 430 hours on it? It's not like your going to keep it.

430 hrs is not the issue. I buy a boat to use for the season and turn it over for the start of the new one. The barefooters have been the exception and between them have spent years laid up in the shed. The idea is to buy the boat you want, preferably low hrs, service it then that's it. No costs. To buy the VTX now is the opposite.

No costs.

Heh, heh, heh...

I bought my boat on 31 October last year, took it out three times, put it away for the winter, and have already spent over $3K on improvements. I plan to keep the boat for a long time.