Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took a Malibu survey........

Sixer

In relation to the cost of the boat, I would have expected just a little better cover. Something that doesn't accumulate water, and I think the ratchet sucks. Putting the cover on the boat with the three poles is terrible.

The Bimini design was done by Curious George....he worked for Malibu briefly

I have no other complaints about my VLX...

I bet you will wish you had the corvette engine once you get all that ballast in there.

The standard cover is fine. The Evolution cover costs about $1,000 for a 247. Then we complain because the prices of boats keeps going up.

I would like to be able to tow with the cover on, so am in the market for an Evo when I sell my current cover, but I am going to pay a pretty penny to be able to do that.

But the standard cover isn't "free." Don't they charge $500ish (?) for it? The $500 delta for the evo is a way more worthy upgrade than some of the other potential options.

• Like 2

I bet you will wish you had the corvette engine once you get all that ballast in there.

The 2315 comes in tomorrow. It should help the cause. I think I am going to be happy!

• Like 2

LMAO! Very clever non-answer. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I don't know which one it is. I only thought their was one for my boat. It has the two poles that come out from being rolled up. One section of the Bimini goes back and the goes forward....that's the acrobatic part

I don't know which one it is. I only thought their was one for my boat. It has the two poles that come out from being rolled up. One section of the Bimini goes back and the goes forward....that's the acrobatic part

Must be user error. I have the same one and it's super easy. Leave back section folded back but not locked in, slide poles in front, lock in back. Easy peasy. By leaving the back loose it should put just enough tension to keep the poles in place.

Edit: I start with my shirt off.

Edited by isellacuras

Must be user error. I have the same one and it's super easy. Leave back section folded back but not locked in, slide poles in front, lock in back. Easy peasy. By leaving the back loose it should put just enough tension to keep the poles in place.

Edit: I start with my shirt off.

Yuup...User Error...So many on this forum think the Bimini was a clever design...my bad bro

Yuup...User Error...So many on this forum think the Bimini was a clever design...my bad bro

I am with you. The Bimini on my VLX was a PITA to fold down/up and seemed like an afterthought. I did however like the way it looked and performed when up

Guess I'm just in the minority. I don't like putting on the boot but I have no problem with putting it up or down. I don't mind the windshield mounted mirror either so maybe it's just me.