Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took a Malibu survey........

Sixer

Wow sixer what a coincidence. I had very similar experience few weeks ago. My dealer is 4hours away and next day after the survey ,owner of the dealer called about the starting issue and poor report he received from my survey. Looks like Malibu is taking the quality and customer satisfaction seriously and is holding their dealers feet to fire. Good going Malibu

• Like 2

"If you ever (meaning only until the warranty is up) have any issues in the future", "we will stand behind our product" Three years for mine. :cry:

Edited by Vettesetter Z06
  • Like 1

I have filled out two of them and never received anything back, not a phone call or email. Glad they were able to contact you, it would be nice to hear from someone just to "think" you are actually a valued customer. A five minute phone call can go a long way.

I have filled out two of them and never received anything back, not a phone call or email. Glad they were able to contact you, it would be nice to hear from someone just to "think" you are actually a valued customer. A five minute phone call can go a long way.

Like you fman, I've filled out two, have never heard from anyone. Would be nice to know Malibu's thoughts! But must say my dealer has been top notch on all of my issues. First hand service.

Yes, I have also had great service from my dealer as well. There were a few items on the boat I listed that had issues, and requested a phone call back on both surveys.

• Like 1

In the winter of 2008 malibu sent two factory workers from California all the way out to our cabin to check on our boat. There wasn't even anything wrong with my boat. It was a simple 1 year check up. They replaced a screw on the gas cap, inspected a bushing on my tower, check prop alignment, and a couple other minor things. That is mind blowing customer service.

This was during the steep economic down turn, so I think it was partly a make work project for the factory workers, but either way I'm a loyal malibu consumer already on my second boat and actively considering my third.

That event was pre-sale to the VC's, but it made a lasting impression. The way they treated us on our TN factory tour last year and our CA factory tour in 2007 was amazing as well.

That's a real good customer service story. I know for a fact too that Nautique is serious about these dealer surveys. I'm guessing the companies wanna make sure that the dealer is running as well as there products

My guess is that they will call you if you report a dealer issue on these surveys. They want to make sure you were satisfied with the outcome and see if they need to get involved with resolving any ongoing issues. You are probably less likely to get a call on an issue with the boat that originated from the factory as that is an issue thay can deal with internally. Just because they don't call on these issues doesn't mean they aren't listening and trying to improve the manufacturing process.

In the winter of 2008 malibu sent two factory workers from California all the way out to our cabin to check on our boat. There wasn't even anything wrong with my boat. It was a simple 1 year check up. They replaced a screw on the gas cap, inspected a bushing on my tower, check prop alignment, and a couple other minor things. That is mind blowing customer service.

This was during the steep economic down turn, so I think it was partly a make work project for the factory workers, but either way I'm a loyal malibu consumer already on my second boat and actively considering my third.

That event was pre-sale to the VC's, but it made a lasting impression. The way they treated us on our TN factory tour last year and our CA factory tour in 2007 was amazing as well.

Wasn't the to your door service related to an issue with the 08 boats? MUX switch problems and maybe something else? I can't remember.

Wasn't the to your door service related to an issue with the 08 boats? MUX switch problems and maybe something else? I can't remember.

I recall reading something about that. "Make it right" campaign or something similar.

I don't think so, that was 2006.

I gave them a big thumbs down on the Bimini and boat cover on the survey.

Anybody who is a member here and nonetheless buys the factory cover instead of an evo cover from cory kinda deserves what he gets. I mean you must have received (or seen someone else receive) that advice, right?

Anybody who is a member here and nonetheless buys the factory cover instead of an evo cover from cory kinda deserves what he gets. I mean you must have received (or seen someone else receive) that advice, right?

My boat is indoors now

Ok, so what is wrong with the factory cover? One came with the 2012 I just bought and while it is lighter weight than the one on my FILs 2005? Response - it looks fine to me. The one on the 2005 is still going strong.

In relation to the cost of the boat, I would have expected just a little better cover. Something that doesn't accumulate water, and I think the ratchet sucks. Putting the cover on the boat with the three poles is terrible.

The Bimini design was done by Curious George....he worked for Malibu briefly

I have no other complaints about my VLX...

Edited by Afun

Ok, so what is wrong with the factory cover? One came with the 2012 I just bought and while it is lighter weight than the one on my FILs 2005? Response - it looks fine to me. The one on the 2005 is still going strong.

The factory cover is a moomba. The evo cover is a malibu. Factory cover works. Evo cover is WAY BETTER (no poles, no pooling, no probs towing with it).

• Like 2

The standard cover is fine. The Evolution cover costs about $1,000 for a 247. Then we complain because the prices of boats keeps going up.

I would like to be able to tow with the cover on, so am in the market for an Evo when I sell my current cover, but I am going to pay a pretty penny to be able to do that.

Yes, but I had a 2008 Vride--it had NO MUX switches. They knew that. They still drove all the way out to my cabin after flying from CA. They devoted two workers for the whole day. I didn't have any issues with my boat, at least no issues that were caused by the factory.

Edited by Cory