Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Possibly our first Malibu, coming from a Stern drive

We currently have a stern drive which has met our needs for the past five years, however, I have been strongly considering and wake boat. I was torn as we do a fair amount of cruising the lake with the family and I was concerned how it would handle the chop. Last summer a buddy came to house for a weekend and brought his 2007 23LSV. He showed me how to drive it and I got comfortable. We also felt it handled the chop of Lake Gaston pretty well.

Today he told me he is looking at 2014 LSVs and offered it to me. He said he believes it is worth $47k, I may actually get it a little cheaper, but for this thread lets assume it is $47k

The boat is fully loaded, I am getting the build sheet to verify all options. The only one I am not certain about is the power wedge, but I guess that is not a deal breaker, especially on our first LSV. It also has the 8.1L engine. It has 380 hours, always been in fresh water, all maintenance was done at the dealer and he has records.

My questions - is this a good deal and over the next 2-3 years do you think the depreciation will be minimal, like in a couple years should I get $40k for it. I am hoping to flip this in a couple years for a 2013-2014 LSV

What say the experts?

Thanks

With that engine if it is truly loaded with low hours that could be right in the ball park. But, if you can list all the options including the trailer it is much easier to give you a good opinion. Also show us some pictures when you get them.

Good luck and I am sure that others will chime in.

Love the 8.1. Price is dependant on area your in. I believe he is in the ballpark. $45k would be a real good buy if its fully loaded with a 8.1. If you have some pics, post em up.

Edit: Malibuzer beat me to it.

Edited by ryangb

Once he sends me the build sheet I will update with specifics. I know the stereo was very nice, most likely sound pack 3 as it had 4 tower cans and a sub. It had a matching trailer with nice rims, but I am not sure if it is blinged out completely. That does not matter to me, but it could for resale.

Where are you located? There can be a big difference in price depending on location. I'm too lazy to google map lake gaston...

Good God! It took two seconds to find out Lake Gaston is in North Carolina.

We currently have a stern drive which has met our needs for the past five years, however, I have been strongly considering and wake boat. I was torn as we do a fair amount of cruising the lake with the family and I was concerned how it would handle the chop. Last summer a buddy came to house for a weekend and brought his 2007 23LSV. He showed me how to drive it and I got comfortable. We also felt it handled the chop of Lake Gaston pretty well.

Today he told me he is looking at 2014 LSVs and offered it to me. He said he believes it is worth $47k, I may actually get it a little cheaper, but for this thread lets assume it is $47k

The boat is fully loaded, I am getting the build sheet to verify all options. The only one I am not certain about is the power wedge, but I guess that is not a deal breaker, especially on our first LSV. It also has the 8.1L engine. It has 380 hours, always been in fresh water, all maintenance was done at the dealer and he has records.

My questions - is this a good deal and over the next 2-3 years do you think the depreciation will be minimal, like in a couple years should I get $40k for it. I am hoping to flip this in a couple years for a 2013-2014 LSV

What say the experts?

Thanks

Not sure if I qualify as an expert, but 47-45 sounds like a good deal. condition woudl be a big factor to me.

The condition is very good to excellent in my opinion and another friend that knows him.

Bigger question is if I keep it up what do you think this will sell for in a couple years, maybe $40K?

The condition is very good to excellent in my opinion and another friend that knows him.

Bigger question is if I keep it up what do you think this will sell for in a couple years, maybe $40K?

I seriously don't mean to be a jerk but does it really matter? It's going to hold its value as well if not better than any comparable boat. No one know where the values going to go but if you want to guess, check out ads for 2005 LSV's.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this back up to ask another question. Does anyone know the distance from the water to the top of the Bimini. Trying to check boat house clearance. I have reviewed the manual and checked online everywhere and can't find it.

Anyone with a 23LSV in the 2007 range know this or can measure it.

I think we are going to get the boat, we can get it for $43k and I think that is a great price.

Thanks,

jdubb

At $43k, you will see very little depreciation over the next few years. New boats are just going up and up. That will keep used prices strong. You are going to love that motor. What prop does it have now?

OK, finally got the build sheets:

2007 23 LSV, 380 hours

450hp, Vortec 8100, sealed cooling

Illusion X tower with Bimini

Power wedge

Three heater outlet

Dual battery set up

Flush transom kit

Sony HU with 1 GB of memory with 8 Rockford in boat speaker and subwoofer with amp

4 Titan cans on the tower with amp

Sony lounge remote control

Fiberglass swim platform

Depth finder

Boat ate trailer with brakes, LED package, stainless steel steps, spare tire, back lit steps

Custom boat cover with tower cut outs

The boat is regal, graphite and white

Aquamat carpet

Agreed price with my friend is $42,000

I will post a couple pics in a few