Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Impeller Housing Bolts/screws

I posted in another thread asking about screw sizes for the impeller housing. Had to go out and find some on my own since I was in a time crunch.

Thought I would share with everyone on here in case somebody needed it in the future.

I found stainless at Home Depot. They are Allen wrench heads instead of the 5/16 inch socket.

10/32 thread by 3/8".

Hope this will help somebody else out down the line.

a wag: when you over-tighten you can replace the stripped brass screws, not so w the stainless.

No WAG. That's the reason.

I ordered 3-4 spare since the last time 2 fell out. :Doh:

Me too.

will be picking some up at the dealer next week when i take my baby there!!

Just never gave it some thought! Have a new impeller on board but what if i loose

screw etc...

will be picking some up at the dealer next week when i take my baby there!!

Just never gave it some thought! Have a new impeller on board but what if i loose

screw etc...

What if you lose a screw (or 3) you ask?... Water sprays frickin' EVERYWHERE in the engine compartment like a lawn sprinkler. Good times.
  • Like 1

What if you lose a screw (or 3) you ask?... Water sprays frickin' EVERYWHERE in the engine compartment like a lawn sprinkler. Good times.

I had to laugh while I read your post. This was the very image I had in my mind when I wrote my post.

I just couldn't imagine the fun in this ordeal!!!