Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Registration Decal question

skifreak

hi, hoping for some feedback. we are ready to pick up the new VTX, mostly white with some orange metalic on it. i was thinking to do the registration numbers in an orange metalic with black outline, but can't find any print shops online that have an orange metallic choice. lots of silver, black and gold but no orange.

any suggestions? here is a sample that I came up with otherwise, can't seem to figure out how to upload a pic of the new vtx but it's on my profile.

feedback is much appreciated!

1396459961.png

from up close, like on the computer screen the font is hard to read, but as you get further away it gets easier for me. I have the same color boat. I was just going to do the Axis Grill Texture letters off domednumbers.com

Thanks for all the input.

Domed Numbers has a graphic that matches the Malibu writing, so i went with that to keep things consistent. $110 + tax shipped to my house. Plus, my wife vetoed the multi-colors, and since she chose the boat i'm not going to complain.

I go the other way with registration numbers, just not something I want to highlight.

Plus, at least here there are requirements as to size, font, color.

I go the other way with registration numbers, just not something I want to highlight.

Plus, at least here there are requirements as to size, font, color.

All true. I went with 3dlettering.com, which is like 1/2 the price for a very similar product. I ordered black letters with chrome outline & installed them on the black portion of the boat. Within a week or two I was pulled over by the county sheriff & told that it did not stand out enough. I called 3dlettering back & they actually cut me a new set of white with chrome letters..... for free!

Two thumbs way up for 3dlettering. Great looking product & customer service.

Thanks for all the input.

Domed Numbers has a graphic that matches the Malibu writing, so i went with that to keep things consistent. $110 + tax shipped to my house. Plus, my wife vetoed the multi-colors, and since she chose the boat i'm not going to complain.

Nice VTX! That was the one I was thinking about buying this year! Looks great and welcome to the crew.