Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Douglas Lake Tennessee

Afun

what are the current lake depths? deep enough to run your boat in safely?

Maybe 30ft in some, but very shallow in other parts. You don't want to get away from the middle of the channel at this point. That ramp can't be used either.

They are on the way back up as in 15 feet in the past 2 weeks. We should see them rise another 30 feet at least in the next month. It happens every year. No need to worry they take all of our water so the Vol Navy can drive the big boats up the Tennessee River every football season. And I am unsure of the what the Marina workers said, but they drain the water down 40 to 45 feet each year. Beautiful place from Late April till Oct, depressing the winter months.

Near the dam levels are still over 100 ft deep, where he is running if you run the river channel depths can vary from 25 ft to 100ft+ depending on the section of the lake. Winter time is no place for the unseasoned on our lake and early spring as well. Lots of logs, sandbars, tires, Jimmy Hoffa etc that you can run into.

Edited by jb 156

They raise and lower our local lake ever year also. The beauty of the lake definitely takes a hit from late Nov to late March. Pre-2004 they would drain our lake bone dry, which was even uglier, but the upside was motorbiking and horseback riding. Now they don't take it down that far so no motorbiking/horseback riding anymore, but not quite as ugly. Since we use it as a summer home, I'm still glad they drop the lake level. It allows for easy dock/bulkhead maintenance during the winter.

They are on the way back up as in 15 feet in the past 2 weeks. We should see them rise another 30 feet at least in the next month. It happens every year. No need to worry they take all of our water so the Vol Navy can drive the big boats up the Tennessee River every football season. And I am unsure of the what the Marina workers said, but they drain the water down 40 to 45 feet each year. Beautiful place from Late April till Oct, depressing the winter months.

Near the dam levels are still over 100 ft deep, where he is running if you run the river channel depths can vary from 25 ft to 100ft+ depending on the section of the lake. Winter time is no place for the unseasoned on our lake and early spring as well. Lots of logs, sandbars, tires, Jimmy Hoffa etc that you can run into.

Exactly. I have lived on this lake for 10 years and lived on the area for my whole life and every year someone starts a rumor about how it will stay up all year. Or some will group together and get people to sign to try and keep it up. Trust me it's always going to drop in the winter. I kind of like it in a way. Good place to go play in the dirt and kind of changes the scenery a bit. Plus we can work on our lake banks in the winter.

This time of the year when the lake is on a quick rise I stay off the water. Great time to get a prop or nock a tracking fin off from logs or debris.

Sent into space with tapatalk