Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Board Racks

DUKENO1

I have an 06 v-Ride badly in need of some board racks but I am not sure what to go for. I am looking for any feedback about the different ones available for the Illusion tower. What does everyone have currently and are you happy with them?

Thanks in advance!

I'm going with Nice Rack as well.

I have had the Metcraft OEM on the last 2 BU's and they were o.k., but the Nice Rack is priced better and built really well.

I have the Nice Racks and they are great. I don't have them with the swivel but they are available to add later if you so decide.

I'm using the Lighting board racks. They are low bling but well constructed and simple. one con is, they could use better glue or sealent for the rubber pads.

I have the Nice Racks and they are great. I don't have them with the swivel but they are available to add later if you so decide.

Can anybody show me some pics of the NICE RACKS that are installed on thier Illusion Tower. I have an 06 v-ride and I was looking at those racks also. I saw a thread somewhere else that showed a NICE RACK tribal with the center bar of the rack was bigger to keep the boards apart better. On any place that sells the NICE RACKS that is not shown they are all the same size. I would like to order some racks today or tomorrow. The other kind of rack that looks sweet is the fusion. I would love to find somebody selling a set of used OEM metcraft racks but that is hard to find. The dealer that I bought my boat from has said that they are having alot of problems with Metcrafts swivel racks right now so I want to stay away from swivel rack.

I have the OEM Metcraft racks for the Illusion tower

Pros:

- Look really nice

- "Stock" appearance with the shiny Malibu badge and painted black base that matches IllusionX

- Rubber in forks seems like it will not fall apart

Cons:

- Bungie system isn't as nice as the clamp style racks on other high-end racks (Mastercraft)

- Forks are kinda close and you have to play around with board placement to make them not clap

I'm happy with my purchase, mostly because they look cool. I too had to wait months to receive the racks and almost wound up with a set of Titan racks instead. They are probably the best looking racks for the Illusion, but maybe not the most functional.

I have one swivel and one rigid mounted OEM Metcraft racks. I am sending the swivel rack back. The swivel mechanism is to weak to support the weight of two boards. Also, the boards would swing over for no reason if you hit bumpy water. The ridged mounted rack works well and looks great.

I have one swivel and one rigid mounted OEM Metcraft racks. I am sending the swivel rack back. The swivel mechanism is to weak to support the weight of two boards. Also, the boards would swing over for no reason if you hit bumpy water. The ridged mounted rack works well and looks great.

Lee,

Which Metcraft swivel mount did you have? Was it the one with the black knob on a handle? Or the button?

Can anybody show me some pics of the NICE RACKS that are installed on thier Illusion Tower. I have an 06 v-ride and I was looking at those racks also. I saw a thread somewhere else that showed a NICE RACK tribal with the center bar of the rack was bigger to keep the boards apart better. On any place that sells the NICE RACKS that is not shown they are all the same size. I would like to order some racks today or tomorrow. The other kind of rack that looks sweet is the fusion. I would love to find somebody selling a set of used OEM metcraft racks but that is hard to find. The dealer that I bought my boat from has said that they are having alot of problems with Metcrafts swivel racks right now so I want to stay away from swivel rack.

Here is a picture of the boat with the board racks..