Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dock Tight boat fenders and Buoy Rope fender mods

exlonghorn

So there are tons of gimmicky products out there for boaters, and every now and then some of them end up being really useful and worth the investment. I'm looking at Dock Tight boat fenders, and this seems to be a pretty decent idea as a replacement for traditional inflatable fenders. Anyone have experience with these, and how useful are they compared to normal fenders? I was also looking at a product called Buoy Rope.

http://www.looprope.com/buoy-rope/

http://docktight.com/

What works for me.

Exile buoy balls.

284883_2193306879634_1456029435_32383294

Radar dock ties

26120lrg.jpg

I made a system similar to docktight's in my slip out of rope & PVC from Home Depot. Costs me about $30 & lasts for a couple years. Pretty basic system really. 3 carabiners & the boat is loose.

moored-1.jpg

BTW, this setup works so well that 4 or 5 other guys on my dock have copied it. Over the years I've changed it a little here & there. The long bow pole is actually 2 pieces of PVC, one smaller diameter inside the other.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 2 weeks later...