Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner to be "MUST HAVES"

MEYJR

I keep a spare impeller on-board. Has come in handy a couple of times.

+1 on the Anchor Buddy.

And I also recommend something like the Straight Line (bungie-type) dock tie to attach to your Shore Spike / Sand Spike - if you tie-up off a beach!

Here is a pic of my wife with her father at a charity event

attachicon.gifracheal hunter.jpg

Here is another one of her with her father. They are very close.

attachicon.gifRachel-Hunter-hero-copy.jpg

Nice. Rod & Rachel's kid Liam is a hockey player with the Spokane Chiefs. We see Rachel in town fairly often. She still attracts quite a bit of attention.

Some people like to carry a tow rope in case they have to tow in a broken down Bayliner, Mastercraft, etc...

Or even a broken down Malibu?

facebook_1116762353_zps5d45426b.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Or even a broken down Malibu?

facebook_1116762353_zps5d45426b.jpg

What? Impossible. No way a Malibu would break down.

Ok. I'll admit it.....I got towed in once many years ago due to a failed neutral safety switch. You could use a tubing rope for the tow but I would hate to use a good ski rope to do it.

What? Impossible. No way a Malibu would break down.

Ok. I'll admit it.....I got towed in once many years ago due to a failed neutral safety switch. You could use a tubing rope for the tow but I would hate to use a good ski rope to do it.

HEhe, he ran over his own rope. The water was still pretty cold & they were done diving to get the rope off. So we towed them back in to the marina. We saw them back out there riding a couple hours later.

It's only $400 plus

Worth the extra $. I have a $8K boat, so me spending that much money for something on my boat means its really worth it. My wife was quite pissed that I spend that much on a mirror, until the first day she pulled me through the course with it. She actually apologized for giving me such a hard time for a costly upgrade and said what a difference it makes.

If you are buying a 80K-90K boat an extra $400 should be pocket change.

$400 of change in my pocket would be heavy. I like the mirror because it's easy to swing out if the way if you aren't using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bunji169

It's only $400 plus

Only the 140 Elite is $400. The rest of their line is considerably less. The 140 Pro has the same mirror in it, but it's 1/2 the cost. And the 100 Pro is 1/4 only $99.

I have the 140 Pro & it was worth every penny.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Only the 140 Elite is $400. The rest of their line is considerably less. The 140 Pro has the same mirror in it, but it's 1/2 the cost. And the 100 Pro is 1/4 only $99.

Can you post a pic

I don't think $400 includes the mount either. I have tower mount. I'm on the fence whether the windshield or tower mount is the better solution. I suppose each has its benefits and drawbacks. I may try the windshield mount on the next go around.

I'm thinking the VR-100 would be the better choice with the windshield mount, if mounting to the helm windshield--not the pass-thru (I know that setup is a pain). Has anyone had experience with mounting to the windshield over the helm?

Can you post a pic

Using a Titan tower bracket.... about $100. And the PTM adapter, $90. So we're almost back up to $400. :rofl:

Still well worth it in my book. It's safety equipment. I have a great view of what is going on behind & to the sides of the boat.

20130330_155944_zps364200c0.jpg

The 100 may very well be better if your mounting it on the windshield. The 140 is pretty wide.

This the 99 dollar one? Looks like the really expensive one?

Afun... easiest thing for you to do is go to the website I linked: http://www.ptmedge.com/ski-wake-mirrors/

All your questions answered in 30 seconds. :biggrin:

In summary,

• the first two I posted are 140 degree view... only difference is the back of the mirror. One is billet ($399) and the other is plastic ($199).
  • the third one I posted is shorter in length and offers only 100 degree view ($99)

I would stick with one of the 140 degree models. I had the billet one on my VLX last year and it was my favorite upgrade.

• Like 2
I've been running the 140 Pro for 2 seasons now, great mirror and worth every penny! You can get the windshield mount in black now...

49fb9e33-8011-4a02-8254-f63738e2e0ae_zps

How do you like the windshield mount vs. the G3 tower arm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

My list is

-box anchor

- Anchor buddy

- Oar

- Fire extinguisher

- Whistle

- Spare impeller

- Prop puller kit with prop case

- Spare prop

- PTM mirror on tower arm( though better if you get it with the boat)

- Extra racks( once again better if you get it with the boat)

- Surf pockets

- Enough life jackets for capacity( buy a couple 3 packs of cheap orange ones)

- Extra ballast sacks and pumps( for those days you want a packed boat wake, but don't have a packed boat)

- Trash bags

- Tool kit( all sorts of allen wrench sizes, socket set, and screw drivers)

- Divers mask

- Knife

- First aid kit( we actually keep some prescription pain killers, splints and even a tourniquet in ours)

- Extra rope and handle

- 12volt to USB adapter

- Extra sunglasses

- Tons of sunscreen

- Microfiber towels

- 3-4 large beach towels

- Solo cups

- Paper towels