Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner to be "MUST HAVES"

MEYJR

How do you like the windshield mount vs. the G3 tower arm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I've not owned a tower arm, but have used them several times and just prefer to have the mirror on the windshield. The mirror does rest on the dash when folded down, so put a cloth under it or you could buy the neoprene cover. I'm not concerned with hurting the dash, just don't want to mark the lens.

This may sound ridiculous, but I also use a drywall poll sander with a micro fiber towel to dry the underside of the boat. They pivot making it very easy to dry the ENTIRE hull. Our water here is very hard, I have a black hull, and this is the solution I came up with.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

When you get time, don't forget a spare impeller.

Might save you from having a really bad day. :)

Several have suggested this. Is it that common for something to go wrong with it? And what is involved in replacing it?

This my buddies Tige that has surf pockets, I was planning on getting them with the new boat, but I busted my budget, so it will have to wait till next year.

surfpockets_zps0db65e28.jpg

But, I did come across another Mailbu stranded on the lake who waved me down for a tow. His impeller had spun the hub, so I just threw him one of mine and he got on his way.

BTW...he wanted to give me a $100 bill for it. I said no way (I had like 4 old 'extras' on the boat, including gaskets). He was very insistent that I take something, so I made him give me 2 beers, and we called it 'even'.

And it was kind of funny, because as I pulled up to him, he said..."Would you happen to have an impeller for a Monsoon?"....I said "But, of course"....like those old Grey Poupon commercials.

Very cool of you...and very funny. I always keep my old one but never thought about an extra for others. Will do that from now on!

Which reminds me, you need an extra brass plug! I gave a way a spare plastic plug to someone in need and it saved their boating day...same thing, he wanted to pay; I said pay it forward and enjoy the good karma baby!

Very cool of you...and very funny. I always keep my old one but never thought about an extra for others. Will do that from now on!

Which reminds me, you need an extra brass plug! I gave a way a spare plastic plug to someone in need and it saved their boating day...same thing, he wanted to pay; I said pay it forward and enjoy the good karma baby!

So I've made a habit of using these Yak-Gear Transom Drain Plugs because I don't need a wrench to remove and install them.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_766610_-1?ICID=CRT:023822620P

• 2 weeks later...

In this order:

1. Evolution cover!!! Must have!

2. Hot wife with killer job to pay for boat extras

3. Decent size arms to keep hot wife with killer job so you can keep buying boat extras

4. Performance boat candy to keep boat looking as hot as the hot wife with the killer job so yo can keep buying boat extras.

Don't forget the sweetheart from Germany!.......lol.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bardwell is a pretty good lake in the summer because the damn blocks all south winds

Also nice sandy area by the damn as well

Waxahachie boater with a blue malibu vlx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cory,

I thought there was NOT a tower mirror mount for the G4 tower? I thought you had to use a windshield mirror mount if getting a G4 tower?

This was discussed in an old thread. Did it change?

• 5 months later...

I'm not a fan of that style of wrench-less drain plug for my transom plug. Twice I've been on boats where they have fallen out. I will say both times it's happened in the sept/oct timeframe and I live in the northern part of the country. Not sure if the water temp had anything to do with it or what.... However it's very unnerving to turn around and see the back of your boat filling up; and it creates a bad situation where you have to the get motor started to drain the water then run back to the lift/launch or dive to replace the plug (IF you have a spare).

I will always use a threaded plug and carry the wrench if given the option. just my .02.

Do these work very good? It says they are for non-threaded drain holes.

Been using the same plug for 3 years now, with no troubles at all. I keep a spare in the glove box. It would be very easy to replace this type of plug on the water if it were to ever fall out, without any need for tools, threading, etc.

• 1 year later...