Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner to be "MUST HAVES"

MEYJR

You're also going to need a type IV throwable personal floatation device.

Yep I got caught on this last year. Must be for boats LARGER THAN 16'

You're also going to need a type IV throwable personal floatation device.

Yep I got caught on this last year. Must be for boats LARGER THAN 16'

In this order:

1. Evolution cover!!! Must have!

2. Hot wife with killer job to pay for boat extras

3. Decent size arms to keep hot wife with killer job so you can keep buying boat extras

4. Performance boat candy to keep boat looking as hot as the hot wife with the killer job so yo can keep buying boat extras.

^^^^^^^This.....as long as said hot wife is not a divorce attorney :crazy:

I am super lucky to have number 2 covered!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to brag, but +1 :salute:

Great idea on a thread though Mey... you just added at least $40 to my amazon cart (and probably more for those darn fender balls)! I thought I was done.

The boat hook really is a good idea... last year was my first year on a v-drive and I boat on a pretty swift river. Had a hell of a time getting a good approach on the dock... that thing ought to save me at least 3 occurrences of marital strife this year!!

Add to the list a good underwater flashlight, which you likely already have if you're an avid diver. If you're trailering often, add BoatBuckle Retracting Transom Tie-Downs. I also added Caliber bunk glides to make it easy to crank it back into place when leaving the lake. They're also much more durable than carpet or pads, without the point pressure created by rollers. If you plan to tow inflatables, a 12V electric air pump is handy. Might also want a few non-marring bungees to secure the towable to your swim platform or on the bimini. If you're storing the boat outside with a cover, adding Boat Vents will reduce mildew and other moisture problems. Get a good wax as well (if you don't plan on having someone do it for you). Remember to add Sta-Bil to your gas at the end of the season. If your vehicle doesn't have a rear camera, that's a nice feature to add. Also, tow ropes for boarding, a separate rope for the towables, vinyl cleaner for the upholstery, some basic stainless hand tools, spare drain plugs, a bottle opener, a waterproof case for your wallets, etc. and something to manage your anchor and dock ropes to keep them from getting tangled.

Call me crazy, but I have 2 onboard... :whistle:

Hmm, OK, your crazy. :Tease3:

Not saying we might not want you around when BubbaJoeBob starts up his clunker with the newly installed 4 bbl carb at the boat ramp though. 2 might be just enough. :rofl:

A real funny, complicated, argumentative thread on TMC to make your mark! Oh yea, the pair of Sperrys is kind of a big deal!

....and real big funky custom ballast sacs to slam the hell out of that LSV....don't forget to come on here and brag about it.....hehe

• Like 2

Add to the list a good underwater flashlight, which you likely already have if you're an avid diver. If you're trailering often, add BoatBuckle Retracting Transom Tie-Downs. I also added Caliber bunk glides to make it easy to crank it back into place when leaving the lake. They're also much more durable than carpet or pads, without the point pressure created by rollers. If you plan to tow inflatables, a 12V electric air pump is handy. Might also want a few non-marring bungees to secure the towable to your swim platform or on the bimini. If you're storing the boat outside with a cover, adding Boat Vents will reduce mildew and other moisture problems. Get a good wax as well (if you don't plan on having someone do it for you). Remember to add Sta-Bil to your gas at the end of the season. If your vehicle doesn't have a rear camera, that's a nice feature to add. Also, tow ropes for boarding, a separate rope for the towables, vinyl cleaner for the upholstery, some basic stainless hand tools, spare drain plugs, a bottle opener, a waterproof case for your wallets, etc. and something to manage your anchor and dock ropes to keep them from getting tangled.

A lot of great ideas. Wow now I am glad i missed out on the 2013 I wanted and had to go with the 2014. Now I am thinkig it may be worth the extra it cost for the extra storage alone.

I am super lucky to have number 2 covered!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised no one else has said this but we need pics or it's not true...... :)

• Like 2

A lot of great ideas. Wow now I am glad i missed out on the 2013 I wanted and had to go with the 2014. Now I am thinkig it may be worth the extra it cost for the extra storage alone.

Man I love my 14, but I think the pop up seats, and smaller lockers, really kill the storage. Trying to find a good place for my box anchor and it isn't going well

Thanks for suggestions. I also thought about the boat hook to make things easier. Also had fenders on list. Anything I need to protect her. I have also been looking at the box anchors. Seems like a good purchase.

Nice to hear from an Ellis County neighbor. I figure we will go to Joe Pool for quick week evening trips but plan to find other lakes to spend entire weekends at. When you say transom cover are you referring to the pad for protection? Where do I get one?

I saw one at waterski america. I thought they looked cheap. I took some pictures of it and took it to my wife who has an embroidery machine and makes all kinds of crazy stuff. She digitized the WS image and embroidered it on a waterproof pad she made and then she quilted it, which turned out to look really cool. I am not trying to sell any of this stuff but if you like we have enough material left to make you one. She can even make the emblem match your boat colors. I am sure it's like $20 bucks or something cheap like that. I think bakes get's $70 bucks for em. Anyway just thought I would help a neighbor out. Here are some pic's of it.

IMG_0163_zps61a15674.jpg

IMG_0164_zps12a21ac1.jpg

Extra set of board racks (upper section of tower). Its always nice to have extra storage for boards. They are nice, but Malibu is proud of them and they are pricey. Maybe you already ordered it with these? Congrats on the boat.... :)

And a WakeJak, excellent to use with the G3 tower.

http://wakejak.com/

No go on the WakeJak. The are not making them anymore...