Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Temp Gauge troubleshooting

I've found plenty of forum topics on the air and water temp gauge on newer Malibu's; however, I have a '91 and have not been able to find any info about troubleshooting or replacing the gauge on one this old. It is not the round type gauge on the newer ones, but is a square unit made by Marine Technologies Inc. It is not working and I haven't been able to trace any problems in the wiring external to the unit. I plan to take it out this spring and see what I can find, but am not too hopeful. If anyone has worked with one of these, or has an idea where to get a replacement, new or used, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!post-21995-0-22254900-1396379395_thumb.j

That could be one reason I can't find anything about it. I can't even find this thing doing multiple internet searches.

Thanks for the boat compliment. I just picked it up at the end of the season last fall. My first inboard, but it was in great shape and I've had GM trucks since the 80's so working on the motor is a cinch. Any must know tips for the Mystere?

So far we love it.

• 2 months later...

Im sure its factory, my 91 Malibu euro F3 has the same one, and Ive seen several others 91-94 with the same unit. Mine works fine though and Ive never had to play around with the wiring. Wish I could help!

• 10 months later...

This is an old post and all, but I thought I'd post the fix for others who have this on their boat. there are actually internal watch batteries inside the display unit. It's not too difficult to take out, and then screw off the back and Voila! you can replace the battery. Works perfectly now.