Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New (to me) boat and a few questions

buckhorn

Bought an '04 Response LXi yesterday and I am pretty proud of it.

My fourth boat, and my second Malibu.

Water here won't be warm enough for me to ski here for another month, but that gives me time to work on my new boat.

I am looking for some help.

I know I have a Titan tower, but I see there are 3 series of Titan towers.

I want to order a bimini, and need to know which model I have.

I'll attach a picture below.

Also need to lube the bearing in my ski pylon, but it has a different retainer than the plastic caps I see on other posts when searching this forum.

Does this take a special tool to remove?

Also, can some kind soul please PM me the contact info for Chee. I need a new skin for the rear seat.

Thanks

post-14407-0-54810600-1396367081_thumb.j

post-14407-0-93976500-1396367092_thumb.j

Edited by buckhorn

I think it's the titan II. Has a slight swoop to the back legs.

I don't think if it's a Titan one or two matters for the bimini.

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 2

The cap on the top of the pylon is simply held in by an o-ring. Pry gently and work your way around. It should eventually come free.

Nice Lxi

to pull that cap on the pylon consider positioning two safety razor between the cap and ball.

then a narrow screw driver between the razors will add some leverage to pry w/o damaging the chrome coated plastic cap.

Edited by tvano
  • Like 2

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a Black Bimini top for the Titan I tower in great shape from http://www.towerbiminis.com/ that I may be looking to part with if you are interested. They are really awesome and go for $825 + shipping new. Being from Minnesota, the last thing I want to do is hide from the sun!!!

Thanks to all for the help so far.

I would have destroyed my pylon cap if I hadn't gotten some help.

I am still looking for Chee's contact info, but maybe I need to post in a different thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got two seats needing some attention this season and chee is not answering his phone. No ability to leave VM either. We used him several years back and wonder if he has changed contact info. Would someone please message me and provide numbers or email or whatever for Chee? Much appreciated. The season is on in TX. :)