Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Split Built In Ice Chest

vlong

I took a piece of HDPE cut it to fit, siliconed it down the middle. Hopefully the front side stays dry for snacks but it's better than having a 10 bag, 60 gallon ice chest sloshing around. I might actually use it now!

Picture later.

What kills me about the Ice chest in our boats is the location of the drain? Why is it not on the bottom and on the side?

Has anyone moved it successfully?

Use the bag cooler inside the built in cooler..... the bag should come with your boat from your dealer. Or better yet, pick up the one from AO Coolers. No point in having a drain then. Just grab the handles & take the whole thing with you.

We actually use a separate bag cooler for food & sandwiches.

To move the drain would be a bit of work to the floor.

Honestly the cooler is kind of a afterthought. It's just a piece of fiberglass thats un-insulated that sits on top of the floor.

Has anyone every insulated the cooler?

I run an AO soft side so no need for us just kind of curious.

I find my cooler melts ice way too fast, mine did not come with the bag but I have a collapsible cooler that fits perfectly in there & leaves us room for dry storage as well. If we are loaded up & need more room for a larger group we have another cooler that fits perfectly in the observers cabin.

Use the bag cooler inside the built in cooler..... the bag should come with your boat from your dealer. Or better yet, pick up the one from AO Coolers. No point in having a drain then. Just grab the handles & take the whole thing with you.

We actually use a separate bag cooler for food & sandwiches.

What Bill said. I removed the fiberglass tub from my boat. I bought 2 AO Stow N Go coolers. One for drinks, one for food. The drinks get ice, the food gets freezer packs.

What size of AO coolers are you using?

AO actually made a cooler to our specs a year or two ago. I looked thru their website & don't see it listed. But it was there at Christmas time because my buddy got one, with a custom Cougar logo embroidered on the top!

So give them a call & ask for the MalibuCrew under seat cooler. It's SO much tougher & better insulated than the Malibu soft cooler.

Big jay, with the fiberglass liner out can you fit both ao's under that seat?

I have an LSV so I might have some more space than you. I put both of mine on the starboard side next to each other.

So the big plastic tray over the engine isn't for ice ? no wonder mine melts in 10 minutes. ;)

yeah, the AO coolers are the way to go. Somehow we end up with 3 all the time. Built in LSV one for waters, AO for alcohol and another for food.

To me, that's the absolute worst part of a trip, loading up the food, drinks, ice and the grocery store trip!

We always carry on a cooler. We use the "boat cooler" as our trash can.

With our smaller VTX it isn't unusual for someone to be using that seat. Who wants to lift up the entire seat to unzip an AO cooler? When you use it as a trash can, you just partially lift the seat and drop in the empties.

The Response cooler is the ultimate. That thing will hold a month of cans!