Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board storage in garage...

leclerc457

OK, so we are a family of 5 - me, my wife (who is 5'2") a 16 year old son, 13 year old son and a tiny 11 year old daughter. As a result, we have 4 wake boards and soon to be 2 surf boards. How do you all store your boards when you get home? I don't want them laying on my floor of the boat. I am thinking of building a storage rack or shelve that hangs down from my garage ceiling just above when my boat is parked. Hoping some of you can share some pics of your cool setup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This topic just came up this morning. I can't get to it from my phone at the moment but give it a quick search "board rack".

I built one for my garage. Holds 8 boards for my wife and I (wakeboard, skate, surf, snow).

Posting photos is incredibly difficult on this forum, no support for direct upload or Flickr. Anyways, here are a few links to my setup:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121984543@N04/sets/72157643243098734

I used 3/4" PVC and built the whole rack in a few hours. Best part is I can modify it as necessary in the future.

Just wondering if you have seen this button yet. Seems pretty self explanatory to me..... very much like every other forum out there.

photo_zpsda57b183.jpg

As for the OP's question, I have an old department store clothing rack on wheels. Has a dozen different suits & vests hanging on it, coolers underneath & helmets & gloves on a shelf on top.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Just wondering if you have seen this button yet. Seems pretty self explanatory to me..... very much like every other forum out there.

photo_zpsda57b183.jpg

As for the OP's question, I have an old department store clothing rack on wheels. Has a dozen different suits & vests hanging on it, coolers underneath & helmets & gloves on a shelf on top.

I have, and thanks for checking. Clicking on it provides the option to enter the URL of the image hosted elsewhere, no support for Flickr, and no direct upload as far as I can tell. I can render an image using photobucket, but that means I have to use photobucket... other forums I've used allow upload and don't care where the image is hosted. No big deal, just hoping a moderator or two might notice and make the forum easier to use.

Yep, your right. No support for Flickr. I tried using a Flickr image on 3 other forums just to see what happens. The Chevy Truck forum didn't like it. The Jeep Wrangler forum didn't like it. Wakeworld didn't like it either.

I use Photobucket.... probably because it was easy enough for me to figure it out. But I find that I can post pics from a variety of other sites, not only Photobucket. Just not Flickr.

As for posting links directly to the site, this is a function reserved for paying members. Costs like $25/yr.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 1

I made these out of a few sheets of plywood and 2- 3/4" pipes. It stores all our gear (For now)

2012-06-22+21.06.13.jpg

more pictures please! This is awesome!

• Like 2

Here's another photo. I think it took 3 sheets of 8'x4' plywood. I used 3/4" to make it a little sturdier since I move them every summer. If they were going to be stationary, I would have used thinner plywood and screwed them into the wall.

All the board angles are 45 degrees and 10" deep. The pipes are 1/2" metal pipes with holes drilled through the racks. Total cost was under $200. As you can see, it stores 8 wake boards, 3 surfboards, pair of skis, kneeboard, all the lifejackets and wetsuits, and misc. I probably could have made it to hold a few more boards if I wanted too but I don't anticipate getting any more (that would stay in the rotation!).

PM me if you need/want more details.

2012-06-22+21.06.57.jpg

Here's what we use in our garage. Super simple, all you need to do is find a stud. For extra caution, put a small piece of carpet (or something else that's soft) on the wall where the board touches it. It cost us $6.22 per piece, can't beat that. I think you could also paint it if you wanted it to blend in better. http://www.lowes.com...rage=3721828=32

010254002699lg.jpg

2e071989735606acd30a35f1beb3977f.jpg

bc61244966ccd12f574d6d3e7d77814f.jpg