Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds EQ with Built in BT!

Murphy8166

Hmmmm, and April 1st isn't even till tomorrow.....

This professed ws420 skeptic might need to give 'er a try....

I will just say this. I have purchased a total of three Wetsounds EQ's. 2 of them were the "pre SQ" models and they weren't for me and they ended on Ebay. I now have an SQ model and it is just what I was looking for. I used to have an Audiocontrol Three.2 which is a great EQ when having only one source. Now that I have 2 sources / it is nice to independently adjust the sensitivty for each incomming source. It has allowed me to re-intergrate the dreaded black box.

Having it all in one pretty cool!!!!

I was just thinking though that this kinda doesn't work for me for how I use the HSE revolution. My BT is there and is controlled by the revolution. I guess I'm waiting for the WS-420BT-SC.

I was just thinking though that this kinda doesn't work for me for how I use the HSE revolution. My BT is there and is controlled by the revolution. I guess I'm waiting for the WS-420BT-SC.

That would probably be an intregrated piece that if offered OEM with Malibu or Axis in conjunction with Wetsounds....boy wouldn't that be nice!

Notice that the faceplate appears to be about 1.25" tall versus the std. 1" single DIN which leaves a larger radius margin between chassis and faceplate. And with the front-loading mounting holes, this opens up some interesting installation options.

I may actually have to ditch my tri-LC1 setup for this. But then i would be feeding a EQ to and EQ(rockford 360).

If they keep coming out with better stuff I am gonna go broke.

Of course.....I just had mine installed two weeks ago. Oh well, I ordered the Rockford blue tooth dongle that plugs into the black box so I can still use the remote to change songs.

Of course.....I just had mine installed two weeks ago. Oh well, I ordered the Rockford blue tooth dongle that plugs into the black box so I can still use the remote to change songs.

I think they call that "Murphy's Law" - I know a thing or two about that law ;)

• Like 2

I just ordered the sq on sunday directly from wetsounds and it arrives at my house tomorrow. Does anyone know if there are any other changes between the 2 units besides the Bluetooth feature? It looks like the BT has a jumper to eliminate grounding loop hiss? I currently have a Bluetooth dongle that works OK so don't know that I need to spend $100 more for Bluetooth capability but if it was an overall improvement on the eq functionality I will probably tell wetsounds I will ship it back and to send me the BT when it is ready.

Any suggestions?

I just ordered the sq on sunday directly from wetsounds and it arrives at my house tomorrow. Does anyone know if there are any other changes between the 2 units besides the Bluetooth feature? It looks like the BT has a jumper to eliminate grounding loop hiss? I currently have a Bluetooth dongle that works OK so don't know that I need to spend $100 more for Bluetooth capability but if it was an overall improvement on the eq functionality I will probably tell wetsounds I will ship it back and to send me the BT when it is ready.

Any suggestio

There are no changes other than BT is built in. Acutally doing the SQ and the seperate BT piece allows for more control via the bluetooth knob

• Like 1

This is a step in the right direction but IMO is still lacking in what it can do for a $400 unit.

You can get a nice, high quality head unit, with pretty much all of these features (obviously through menus and not knobs) + a lot more for less money.

IMO, for the same money, this EQ needs two additional things:

- USB input with integrated DAC. I'd rather have my device hard wired directly, so it can charge off the device AND have a direct digital stream vs using a headphone jack.

- Integrated crossover

- Small display for tweaking settings, such as the crossover mentioned above

- Remote option, so you could use a hand held or transom remote with it

Do the changes above (FOR THE SAME PRICE) and I'd dump my current setup in a heart beat and it would honestly kill off the need for a head unit in most cases.

I'm not opposed to a head unit, just felt like trying something different this time around. If I find i want a head unit, I would go with something like this, Would accomplish everything nitrous said for $100 less

http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_56957/Pioneer-AVH-X3600BHS-6-1-Inch-TouchScreen-2-Din-Cd-dvd-Player-with-Bluetooth.html?rd=gpf_56957&adtype=pla&gclid=CIaZ1oPAxL0CFY17fgodH38Akg

Edited by wakebrdr94

Not sure why anyone would want a redundant crossover built into an EQ when every amplifier has one built in.

That is a precise tuning function and not something that I would want to change on the fly.

There was an era dating back to the early '90s when many amplifiers still had no internal crossovers so many EQs built in a lowpass filter but no highpass filter. That is an artifact remaining on a few EQs that are still using ancient platforms.

This is a step in the right direction but IMO is still lacking in what it can do for a $400 unit.

You can get a nice, high quality head unit, with pretty much all of these features (obviously through menus and not knobs) + a lot more for less money.

IMO, for the same money, this EQ needs two additional things:

- USB input with integrated DAC. I'd rather have my device hard wired directly, so it can charge off the device AND have a direct digital stream vs using a headphone jack.

- Integrated crossover

- Small display for tweaking settings, such as the crossover mentioned above

- Remote option, so you could use a hand held or transom remote with it

Do the changes above (FOR THE SAME PRICE) and I'd dump my current setup in a heart beat and it would honestly kill off the need for a head unit in most cases.

You just saw the BIGGEST marine H/U company completelty get out of the the marine game....Alpine. I doubt that WS wants to start making non intergrated H/U's for those that are still mounting single headunits in arm rests or in mounts under the dash. Those days are over... I think the better use of resources would be the intergrated model like Malibu uses with Fosgate and like Nautique uses with Polk. It is the way the industry is going!

I would not be surprised if WS has a headunit that is being built for some of the Big Inboard Mfgr's to work in an intregrated setting. It might be something that could mounted as stand alone / might be what you are looking for.

Edited by Murphy8166

Not sure why anyone would want a redundant crossover built into an EQ when every amplifier has one built in.

That is a precise tuning function and not something that I would want to change on the fly.

There was an era dating back to the early '90s when many amplifiers still had no internal crossovers so many EQs built in a lowpass filter but no highpass filter. That is an artifact remaining on a few EQs that are still using ancient platforms.

I guess some are still living in the 90's ?????

A few reasons:

- Many amp crossovers only have one slope to choose from. Many high end head units have several slopes that can be selected

- Some amps are hard to determine exactly where the crossover is set to without utilizing a 3rd party tool (like the SMD CC-1).

- Some installs make it difficult to access the crossovers, so it would be nice to tune in a comfortable area vs accessing this area to make adjustments

- Some amps don't have crossover features you may want, such as an Infrasonic filter

A few reasons:

- Many amp crossovers only have one slope to choose from. Many high end head units have several slopes that can be selected

- Some amps are hard to determine exactly where the crossover is set to without utilizing a 3rd party tool (like the SMD CC-1).

- Some installs make it difficult to access the crossovers, so it would be nice to tune in a comfortable area vs accessing this area to make adjustments

- Some amps don't have crossover features you may want, such as an Infrasonic filt

Arc Audio PS-8 is the direction I'd do if I was looking for all this - but a pricey piece for sure.

Arc Audio PS-8 is the direction I'd do if I was looking for all this - but a pricey piece for sure.

I wasn't aware of that product...and it is sweet. Probably not useful for most applications but is a cool product.
You can get a nice, high quality head unit, with pretty much all of these features (obviously through menus and not knobs) + a lot more for less money

Can you list some for those fallowing along?

Marine unit

Dual EQ adjustments for a tower and in-boats (front/rear) zone

3-zone independent volume control at your fingertips

Adjustable line driver

Built in BT and AUX