Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Tow bar allen wrench size?

oldjeep

Anyone happen to know what size allen wrench is needed to remove the 4 bolts on the tow hoop? (2012 VTX with G3 tower).

I don't have the boat here but need to be prepared to get the hoop off when I pick it up. I've seen mention of a tool that comes with the boat, but haven't run across it in the stuff I was given.

I'll look it up tonight when I get home as I have to take it off everytime to fit my garage.

... And yes, when I picked up my boat the package included an allen wrench that fits those bolts.

Have you removed the hoop before? from my experience it was a two person job, there was quite a bit of tension on the bar, it did not just come right out once the bolts were removed. It would be easy to break a window or scratch something if you try it by yourself. It really helps to have someone else grabbing the bar when you remove it. This is also more difficult with tower speakers, they put more inward pressure on the bar. Good luck, hope it goes easy for you.

Have you removed the hoop before? from my experience it was a two person job, there was quite a bit of tension on the bar, it did not just come right out once the bolts were removed. It would be easy to break a window or scratch something if you try it by yourself. It really helps to have someone else grabbing the bar when you remove it. This is also more difficult with tower speakers, they put more inward pressure on the bar. Good luck, hope it goes easy for you.

Haven't even touched it yet, been in storage since I bought it. I've got a 6 ft 2 kid to help me out, so I definitely won't be trying to one arm it. No speakers on my tower, one of its best features ;)

Edited by oldjeep