Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wall mounted wakesurf board racks

RJM2014

Can anyone help recommend an attractive, well built rack to store and display wakesurf boards? Between family members we have 5 boards now and am looking for some options. I searched online and did not find much that would be attractive indoors and store a half dozen boards.

I just made my own by mounting some dowel rods to 2 2x6's that I attached to the wall in the garage. I have pics of the build somewhere if interested. Pretty easy, looks good, durable (4yrs so far).

On the store your board type racks or any home made variety, you can store two wake or snow boards on one set of pegs if you stagger them wide enough to not hit the boots/bindings. Put one board with bindings facing down and set the other on top bindings facing up. I use the 6 or 8" rubber coated utility hooks (the squares off type) that screw into the wall. Two hooks holds two boards, again back to back. They sit a little more vertical, width wise, than the store your board option. I will try to take a picture.

Here's what we use in our garage. Super simple, all you need to do is find a stud. For extra caution, put a small piece of carpet (or something else that's soft) on the wall where the board touches it. It cost us $6.22 per piece, can't beat that. I think you could also paint it if you wanted it to blend in better. http://www.lowes.com/pd_267936-46882-24174PEXLG_0__?Ntt=blue+hawk+flip+up+storage=blue+hawk+flip+up+storage=3721828=32

010254002699lg.jpg

2e071989735606acd30a35f1beb3977f.jpg

bc61244966ccd12f574d6d3e7d77814f.jpg

Edited by petrie141
  • Like 3

Here's what we use in our garage. Super simple, all you need to do is find a stud. For extra caution, put a small piece of carpet (or something else that's soft) on the wall where the board touches it. It cost us $6.22 per piece, can't beat that. I think you could also paint it if you wanted it to blend in better. http://www.lowes.com/pd_267936-46882-24174PEXLG_0__?Ntt=blue+hawk+flip+up+storage=blue+hawk+flip+up+storage=3721828=32

010254002699lg.jpg

2e071989735606acd30a35f1beb3977f.jpg

bc61244966ccd12f574d6d3e7d77814f.jpg

Where did you get these?

MalibuNation

Another thing I do is if I stand a wakeboard up I slip a short piece of pipe insulation at the end of the board that rest on the ground. Could do the same on their side if that is where they rest.

If you have older tower racks that aren't being used, they can be pretty cool for storage on a garage wall. I store our wakeboards on an older "Nice Rack" in the garage. Just removed the bracket that adapted it to the Illusion tower, and viola, nice flat surface with two holes to run a couple drywall screws through.

post-23712-13968466720118_thumb.jpgpost-23712-13968467390493_thumb.jpg

Thanks crew!!

I was initially thinking I was going to need something custom. Seeing some of your ideas motivated me to check out what they had at some hardware stores. I did not have a Lowes local to me but did find these. Supposed to b a ladder hanger but well built and under $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1