Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

62 yr old Surfs (Video)- This is the best beginner surf board

petefranc

I've created a video to help others out there find a solid beginner board. If you're older, heavy, or have a small wave this should help!

I understand there may be better boards out there we didn't demo, but my dad riding with ease on the hyperlite was enough to convince me it's a good choice.

Youtube video below -

Hope this helps others looking to ride that first wave without a rope!

If you have any questions let me know.

• Like 1

That's a great video. My dad, 67, has tried both wakeboarding and surfing. He can get up no problem, but he has only ever water and snow skied so the concept of having his feet perpendicular to the boat was completely foreign. He would get up, aim his toes at the boat, and immediately shoot out across the wake and for the life of him he could never get back!

06997405-63C1-46D2-B967-BAE164CC4908_zps

Edited by vaporbluebu
  • Like 2

The Idylwood is a great choice to learn on. It's very similar to the Inland Surfer Blue Lake in terms of ride.

But just to let you know, the Idylwood does not have any wood in it. It has an EPS foam core. The wood is just a graphic for looks.