Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boats and some LOL's

Afun

My friend and I were looking for parking in a very congested downtown area where he whips into a handicapped spot, flips open the glovebox and pulls out a handicapped tag and says, 'Thanks Mom'.

I felt sorry for the person that actually needed that spot.

I got a ticket in my company truck for supposedly "blocking" a handicap spot. Guess what? fine doubled when not paid ($700).

I treat them like gold now.

• Like 2

My friend and I were looking for parking in a very congested downtown area where he whips into a handicapped spot, flips open the glovebox and pulls out a handicapped tag and says, 'Thanks Mom'.

I felt sorry for the person that actually needed that spot.

Yeah, I almost became " Shirtless " !

My brother in law used to always use his late fathers handicapped permit to park right out front, guess what? Bad fairies got him.......he got staph and they amputated his leg. The other day he was complaining about all the handicapped stalls being taken, to which I replied "because they are all using their dead fathers permits" he looked at me and said " yeah I still haven't got around to getting my own yet"

My brother in law used to always use his late fathers handicapped permit to park right out front, guess what? Bad fairies got him.......he got staph and they amputated his leg. The other day he was complaining about all the handicapped stalls being taken, to which I replied "because they are all using their dead fathers permits" he looked at me and said " yeah I still haven't got around to getting my own yet"

You have got to be kidding me...you really got to be kidding...tell me you are kidding

You can't make s*** up like that

Kind of like walking in on your hotel housekeeper while she's combing her hair with your brush...you can't make that s*** up

• Like 1

In the city I work in, 2 of the parking enforcement officers are wheelchair bound. (makes it hard to see them).

Only one of them is able-bodied. They don't like dudes abusing disabled parking spots.

Nice boats. 51 and sunny here today, that's freaking spring, baby! Got the SUP's mounted in the garage ready for open water.

On parking, I think it's the thrill-of-the-chase thing to get that best spot, and people lose sight of it. Even my kids. We've gone to Target and I just park in whatever is open, sometimes pretty far away (far being a relative term). Wife points at a spot 40 feet closer, or the kids, and I'm like "Guys, we run 5k's and play soccer. I think we'll be OK walking an extra 4 seconds".

• Like 3
MalibuNation

I park as far away from the entrance as I can as I love to walk and still able bodied. Cracks me up watching someone wait a minute or so to get one spot closer than if they pulled into an empty spot.

Yup drives me nuts when my wife waits for a spot the is 4 sec closer to the door. That's where the door dings usually happen. I usually park as far as I can to get a spot with nobody beside me.

• Like 1

Just an observation here but does that lifted jeep belong to the same guy as the walker? That walker is obviously a joke for someone that is usually able bodied. This explains the jeep and the parking.

Heck I am getting my hip replaced in a few weeks, I could apply for a handicapped tag if I wanted. Maybe this explains things.

I have a buddy who had one leg amputated above the knee and the other he doesn't have control of his ankle along with lots of other issues from a wreck. Its infuriating when he cant get a spot and you see a 400lb whale park in one cause they are fat. They need to make fat parking passes, that are the furthest away from the door.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What about the 350 lb+ person on the airplane taking up two seats? it always stinks to be THAT GUY next to him.... makes for a pretty long flight.

Just an observation here but does that lifted jeep belong to the same guy as the walker? That walker is obviously a joke for someone that is usually able bodied. This explains the jeep and the parking.

Heck I am getting my hip replaced in a few weeks, I could apply for a handicapped tag if I wanted. Maybe this explains things.

A good friend of mine has a son with cerebral palsy and has a parking pass for his lifted Ram3500. He has had people waiting at his truck for him to come out of a store so they could light him up about parking in a handicap spot. One look at his 5 year old boy and their tune changes real quick. Sometimes things are not always as they appear.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the bum hip, Ruff. What caused it? Was it all that pumping behind my boat last summer? ;->

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

What about the 350 lb+ person on the airplane taking up two seats? it always stinks to be THAT GUY next to him.... makes for a pretty long flight.

What about that 350 lb+ person taking up one seat?......he stinks.....makes for a really long flight. :rofl: