Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Most Common " Big Time " States Being Represented....on TMC

Afun

I agree with TX being up there! Lake Travis is beautiful. Don't they call MN the land of 10,000 lakes? So TX and MN to the list for sure

Should be 100 lakes and 9900 ponds.

Come on now! Don't leave Montana out. We didn't even make the cut in boat registration numbers. Can't figure out why? Couldn't have anything to do with all of our lakes still being froze over, our weather and our population.

The red balloons represent where the two Malibu factories are/were.

I forget what the green ones were for but, it's not an indication of heavy population like you think.

The red balloons represent where the two Malibu factories are/were.

I forget what the green ones were for but, it's not an indication of heavy population like you think.

I put two and two together and I still think it's " Big Time "

:rant: How many does MI need to over take Ohio?!?!?!? :rant::Tease3:

Are those active users you counted or just total registered? I'm not asking you to do any more work, just curious :)

I'm laughing so hard at that right now, that's hilarious. :rofl::rofl: Let's just say that the gap between MI & OH is very, very close. Much closer than the gap between OH & WA, or between MI & the one at #6. But props to the midwest, you guys also represent well.

I counted paid members, not total registrations or active members. To try & do that....it would take me some time to just figure out the query, & then the board would have to translate the IP addresses. I'm not sure I want to do that to the server. I think that it's close enough to be close enough. :biggrin:

ahopkins22LSV

I'm laughing so hard at that right now, that's hilarious. :rofl::rofl: Let's just say that the gap between MI & OH is very, very close. Much closer than the gap between OH & WA, or between MI & the one at #6. But props to the midwest, you guys also represent well.

I counted paid members, not total registrations or active members. To try & do that....it would take me some time to just figure out the query, & then the board would have to translate the IP addresses. I'm not sure I want to do that to the server. I think that it's close enough to be close enough. :biggrin:

That works and I am sure it is an accurate count......... If you see a jump in paid members from MI, I don't know what happened.... :whistle:

I used to live in Indiana and went to Kentucky and Tennessee for my boating fun.

Now I live in NC and have my boating fun in state.

PS I am not on the map. There are at least 5 members in the Raleigh area.....

Wakegirl's numbers make sense to me. CA and TX are huge states. WA is much smaller, but the boating culture in our state is huge with the Puget Sound. Many of the watersport companies are WA companies: HO, Ronix, CWB, Jobe, O'Brien, Bakes :). While no tow boat manufactures, there are many boat manufactures up here to. Per capital, my vote is WA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cory
  • Like 1

We might be moving from Ohio to Michigan very soon for a new job. Would that change the ranking? However the boat is kept at our lake house in Tennessee so maybe I count as one for TN?
ahopkins22LSV
We might be moving from Ohio to Michigan very soon for a new job. Would that change the ranking? However the boat is kept at our lake house in Tennessee so maybe I count as one for TN?

Nope clearly would be MI since that's where you would live ;):biggrin:

Not to create more work for Wakegirl, but instead of counting the paid users, maybe count the actual posts up by state of origination. That would be a an interesting way of measuring actual contribution by state instead of simply representation.

Another interesting analysis might be to count up most posts by a single user in their first year. My money is on afun, who's averaging close to 5 posts a day. Impressive.

Edit... on second thought ahopkins is killing it too.

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3