Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Most Common " Big Time " States Being Represented....on TMC

Afun

Well Said Doc!!!!!!!!!

I have a lot of pride for my home state of TX but have also been really been lucky to travel the country and see a lot of other places.

Been to Detroit and worked my way all the way up to Alpena....talk about a place to have a summer home! I have a handful of other states I could live in as well.

I am a little sad about Detroit, and what has happened there. Detroit was probably the greatest place to live in the entire world in the 70's. Detroit is responsible for sharing the automobile with the entire world. As a patriot, I say we need to preserve and correct the problems in Detroit. The Unions are close to being dead, and the governor has just made Michigan a right to work state. Good Luck to Michigans/Detroits comeback!

....and way to represent on TMC....BigTime!

DOC!!!!

You have put it about as good as one could about Detroit.

I too lived in the City of Detroit while attending Wayne State. I moved there from the City of Chicago in 1992. The following are only a few of the brighter points I can offer.

1. Detroit has a TREMENDOUSLY high caliber of musicians. Whatever genre you prefer, it's well represented in Detroit and its surrounding communities. Some of the most phenomenal musicians I've come across in my life are Detroiters.
  2. Architecture.....some of the most interesting parts of the Detroit architecture is what you never see. Having lived there yourself, I'm sure you're well familiar with the Boston Edison district. Simply wonderful.
  3. Technological and engineering expertise......Not only automotive, but also building construction and engineering expertise. In my travels around the country, I fail to find the same acumen elsewhere for industrial / manufacturing construction as what exists in Detroit. We developed it, we own it, we engineer it, and we build it, and we do so correctly.
  4. True Detroiters have pride like no other I've experienced. Simply awesome.

You make some great points. Corruption, generations of it I might add, have crippled the City and most of that is due to a lack of education of the people. Sad, yet very true. I love Detroit. I loved living there. I don't claim to be a Detroiter, but Detroit is in my blood.

Again, Doc. Very well stated.

#3 isn't considered one of the top states in boat sales like Indyxc's post stated in your books??

Not disagreeing with the MI part, just the "I'd imagine it will closely mirror this :"

CA has been dropping like a rock as they keep trying to chase anything with a motor out of the state

That works and I am sure it is an accurate count......... If you see a jump in paid members from MI, I don't know what happened.... :whistle:

How about checking your (google?) analytics for site visitor tracking? Would also show non registered audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up (as far as I have grown up) in MI and have lived in OH two times, including now, and a thought occurs:

Do you know why it is so windy in MI / OH? Because OH / MI sucks.

That should be all for now, go about your normal business . . . .

I grew up (as far as I have grown up) in MI and have lived in OH two times, including now, and a thought occurs:

Do you know why it is so windy in MI / OH? Because OH / MI sucks.

That should be all for now, go about your normal business . . . .

Baddog,

Wouldn't OH/MI have to blow to be windy? Please edit your post. I'm confused.

I will settle this. I talked to a guy who knows a lot of people and he told me MI wins. I believe him.

Now we can go about our normal business........

Baddog,

Wouldn't OH/MI have to blow to be windy? Please edit your post. I'm confused.

I will settle this. I talked to a guy who knows a lot of people and he told me MI wins. I believe him.

Now we can go about our normal business........

Are you saying that Michigan blows more than Ohio?

I'm not saying much, except that MI/OH cant suck if it's windy. Just doesn't work! They would both have to blow.

Lived in MI my whole life and went to college in Berea, OH. Wife went to U of M and I love OSU, so if both states blow, I would like to quoted as "they both blow equally".

Now if we are comparing to let's say......Delaware or......no.....let's just stick with Delaware. Neither of the two would blow or suck at all. If we are comparing to the Cayman Islands, Hawaii, Florida (not during hurricane season).....Then absolutely, they blow equally.

Here you go:

1. Cali

2. Texas

3. Washington

4. Ohio

5. Michigan

Honorable Mention: Canada

You Crazy Canucks represent well!

Or we just support the crew because a 10% discount at bakes equals a 50% discount to our dealers!

Do you know why all birds in (insert state here) fly upside down?

Cause no one is worth pooping on. (Edited to be TMC language friendly)

Edited by jb 156

I always heard that the only reason Texas doesn't secede from the union was because Oklahoma sucked so bad. :rofl:

Haha nice. 75mph speed limits here... And I've got about 2 months left, can't wait. New speed limit will be DC gridlock traffic.

Although.... I would live in Dallas/ FW / Central Tx in a heartbeat. Love it down there.