Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Most Common " Big Time " States Being Represented....on TMC

Afun

I would think Wakegirl has the data. I wonder if she'd publish it or would that violate some sort of privacy agreement?

It would be interesting to see both member count by state as well as raw post count by state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Edited by IXFE

I would think Wakegirl has the data. I wonder if she'd publish it or would that violate some sort of privacy agreement? It would be interesting to see both member count by state as well as raw post count by state. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Gah, you're going to make me work? Haha, seriously it's a little more complex than that. IP adress match isn't super reliable, & not everyone has location data filled in. I do have it for the paid members though, so that could be a relatively accurate representation, not sure.

Create a poll. Seems the best way.

Edit: Haha day late dollar short

I don't think that we can do one with 50 options. :crazy:

What about the wonderful state of happiness?

"Cottage and Lakefront Living" show in Grand Rapids this weekend, making me think of summer. Sgt. found some heads for the boat, I'm working on exhaust tomorrow. Yep, happy!

• Like 3

Oh & Afun, if you think that any state, let alone a little one like TN, is ahead of CA in the number represented here, think again. I don't have to look at the data to know that that is not in any way correct. CA will be in the running for #1, without a doubt. I'm not sure that TN makes the top 5, to be honest. TX & CA will be there for sure.

Gah, you're going to make me work? Haha, seriously it's a little more complex than that. IP adress match isn't super reliable, & not everyone has location data filled in. I do have it for the paid members though, so that could be a relatively accurate representation, not sure.

Maybe do a poll that breaks the country into a handful of regions and then a follow up poll where the region with most votes is seperated into states?

Naw just the top 5 possibilities and see where it goes. What you couldn't read my mind?

Oh & Afun, if you think that any state, let alone a little one like TN, is ahead of CA in the number represented here, think again. I don't have to look at the data to know that that is not in any way correct. CA will be in the running for #1, without a doubt. I'm not sure that TN makes the top 5, to be honest. TX & CA will be there for sure.

Wait a second.....this is not regarding number of boat registrations...the bigger coastal states will always have more boats. I mean COMMON TMC representation. I SEE LOTS OF LITTLE OL' TN, and CA, OR, WA, AZ, MI, OH, FL.....

Has nothing to do with boat registrations (I wouldn't even know where to get those numbers), I was referring to Crew members. A quick glance at the numbers tells me that TN is likely not in the top 5. And even though this is about Crew registrations, the law of averages kind of dictates that states with higher numbers of boat registrations would likely yield more Crew member registrations. That's not a stretch at all.